Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,267   Online: 945

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Jobo is going in bankruptcy

Due to financial problems the company from Gummersbach in Germany has gone in bankruptcy. How the senario is going for the comming months it's not predictable at all.
    Source:
    http://www.insolvenz-ratgeber.de/job...ag/2010/03/08/

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To be fair, the term bancrupsy has a different meaning internationally. The german legislation names continuity of company activity as the alternative aim to dissolving company assets.
    Last edited by AgX; 03-08-2010 at 06:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, in our country being declared bankrupt means the business is basically finished.

However being declared, or declaring yourself that you are insolvent, means you may go bankrupt, or you may have an administrator appointed and you may trade out of difficulty, or you may sell the assets (if any left) or some other arrangement may be made.

Pity as it appears the third generation didn't change the company enough to keep on moving with the times, seems to be an international thing in that the first generation starts the enterprise, the second consolidates it and the third generation loses it.

Agx can you, or someone else elaborate further as my German isn't that good, but I think I got the gist of the link?

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AgX, thanks, as I thought.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    ...Pity as it appears the third generation didn't change the company enough to keep on moving with the times, seems to be an international thing in that the first generation starts the enterprise, the second consolidates it and the third generation loses it...
    In this case, I'm not surprised. eBay must have made more money off their products than Jobo themselves.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOMO should pick them up, IMNSHO.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is this bad news for those with Jobo processors, or has service for Jobo processors previously become unavailable anyway?
    Charles Hohenstein

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jobo outsourced the technical service of their processors long ago including stocks of spares.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    To be fair, the term bancrupsy has a different meaning internationally. The german legislation names continuity of company activity as the alternative aim to dissolving company assets.
    For all the US readers, continuing company operations is most similar to our "Chapter 11" bankruptcy, where debt and other liabilities can be restructured or eliminated in order to allow the company to continue to operate, versus liquidation of company assets to satisfy the creditors, which would be like "Chapter 7" bankruptcy in the US.

I don't read/speak any German, and I sure don't know anything about German bankruptcy laws, so I have no idea which way Jobo is going on this.

FYI...

--Greg

Shooter
    Medium Format

Jobo Insolvency

Jobo is currently still beeing operated by it´s former business leader and owner Mr. Bockemühl. He has aproached various customers about the planned continuation of the company and brand.
    A supervisor has been appointed by German court and the company is running under supervision currently.

Today we received the news that tanks which had been unavailable yesterday will become available again probably within less than two weeks.

As to my understanding this insolvency has more to do with the technical aspects of german social and business laws as with a possible complete failure of Jobo.

I am very optimistic that we will continue to have Jobo darkroom accessories available for our analogue work in the future.

Best regards,

Mirko

FOTOIMPEX Berlin

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin