Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,406   Online: 954

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Just practice, I am sure you will get the hang of it without messing around with tape etc

I have used DeVere enlargers professionally since 1972, and currently use the 10x8" with 5x4" and smaller inserts for smaller formats - The only trouble I have ever had is accurately locating 35mm negs for making large prints

However, I am shocked at the price, My current DV 5108E was Au$500 complete with lenses from 300mm to 50mm and all carriers, although I have replaced the 10x8" and 5x7" glasses, but normally I use the glassless carriers - In future I recommend you shop around and look at non-American countries where smaller formats are the norm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanx
    I am asking this because it seems I have an older chassis de vere and I am not sure if the carrier I have shown will fit my de vere enlarger.
    For now I have this one
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devere2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	43276
    and I want to buy the other one called master negative carrier...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry for a bit late reply, but looking at the neg carrier you are showing - I have to say I am unsure. I assumed that the neg carriers for all the DeVere were of the same construction, two flat boards with a hinge in the back.

Possibly, if you can get hold of the people who run Odyssey Sales: http://www.odyssey-sales.co.uk/ they might have a straight answer.

I have tried, several times, to get in contact with them by mail, no answers at all. I don't know if they need a "I am gonna buy fifteen of your enlargers" sort of request to wake up. Maybe you have better luck with them, I hope so.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have tried, several times, to get in contact with them by mail, no answers at all

same here
    but finally I measured both carriers and they seem to have the same sizes for the glasses so I think the latest version of the carrier fits the older deveres

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin