Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,610   Online: 968

Shooter
    Medium Format

Jobo ATL-1500 problems

I was wondering if anyone knows someone who services these units and might be able to help.

The unit I sourced for my local lab stopped working suddenly. In the middle of developing a film, the tank lift didn't lower back to the horizontal position, and everything else that was pumped in simply ran right out again.

This is what I've found out so far:

o The program runs it's course correctly, however after the first emptying of the tank, when it's lifted to an inclined position, it never returns to the horizontal position.

o If you open the main cover with the tank up, it will correctly sink back down again.

o A local tech shop had a look at it, and replaced a few components that looked burned out on the printed circuit board, but it still doesn't work.

o From what I can tell, the mechanical program and developing program don't seem to communicate - it seems both simply follow a timer and do what they're supposed to at a given point in time. So the developing program simply continues even though the mechanical program (i.e. lifting/sinking of the tank) stops after the first lift. I don't know if this is how the unit is designed or not.

o Someone mentioned something about a magnetic sensor that might be involved, but again I don't know enough about these units or how they work.

I figured if I'm very lucky, someone here knows a lot about these machines and how they work, and possibly what might be the problem. And with all the people here, at the very least I'm sure someone knows about someone I can get in touch with to continue the troubleshooting and get it repaired.

Best regards,
    Thor

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The most knowledgeable person I know of about these machines is the Joboman, aka Dave Smith. I'll PM you with his email address; not sure if he's retired from servicing the machines (he's in the Los Angeles CA area) but he can at least try to help you figure out what's wrong.

Yours is definitely behaving abnormally. Turns out that the motor that spins the drum and raises/lowers the arm is a Bosch automotive windshield wiper motor. Doesn't sound like that's your issue, though.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 6x6Thor View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows someone who services these units and might be able to help.
    Thor, it would be good idea to tell us where in the world you are located.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi AgX,

I'm in Norway, but will accept good advice from anywhere!

Mike - thanks very much for the tip, I've sent Dave an email and will see what he can do.

Thor
    Last edited by 6x6Thor; 03-10-2010 at 03:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jobo outsourced their processor service for Europe time ago to this company:

www.fotolaborservice.de

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi AgX,

yeah, I know, we've been in touch with them. Unfortunately they didn't really have any suggestions, only that it might be overloaded or overheating, neither of which seems to be the case. It doesn't work at all, even when cold or with no film and minimal fluid.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin