Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,699   Online: 698

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jesus $104 to add a reverse curve, that's CAPITALISM true US style.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah that's how it works. Seems quite simple. These days I'd have thought anyone with access to a reasonable workshop could have knocked them out for a profit at way below $104. Maybe it's a collector's item - having Zone VI on its side.

At $104 or even its equivalent in pounds sterling, I think I'll pass on it

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, I'm not asking anywhere near that much for mine :-) That's just what they have on that webpage. As near as I can tell, it actually sold for that much on ebay a month or two ago. Weird. I'm betting they didn't cost that much new!

Duncan

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Original prices

Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    Well, I'm not asking anywhere near that much for mine :-) That's just what they have on that webpage. As near as I can tell, it actually sold for that much on ebay a month or two ago. Weird. I'm betting they didn't cost that much new!

Duncan
    This print flattener is in the Zone VI 1985-86 where it is described as a new item. Looks like the white plastic version shown in this thread. Price was $24.50. Same item, same materials, same price in the Spring 1990 catalogue.

The next Zone VI catalogue I have is 1994. The print flattener is now made of clear plastic and the price is almost double at $45.00. The last Zone VI catalogue I have is 1995-96. Plastic is still clear, price is still $45.00.

This is probably more than anyone wanted to know.
    David

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This one looks plastic, but it's actually heavily painted wood.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post

Ian
    I guess most people here have never heard of an iron, let alone know how to use one!

When I don't have access to a dry mount press, an iron works just fine. I use an old ferrotyping plate below, and a mat board on top.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    This one looks plastic, but it's actually heavily painted wood.

Duncan
    Well never assume anything. The Zone VI catalogues don't say what either the opaque white or the clear models are made of.
    David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Ah that's how it works. Seems quite simple. These days I'd have thought anyone with access to a reasonable workshop could have knocked them out for a profit at way below $104. Maybe it's a collector's item - having Zone VI on its side.

At $104 or even its equivalent in pounds sterling, I think I'll pass on it

pentaxuser
    At that price, I'd say piss on it!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lindquist View Post
    Well never assume anything. The Zone VI catalogues don't say what either the opaque white or the clear models are made of.
    David
    No, I mean, I am holding the one in this thread in my hands and it is heavily painted wood. You can see the plys on the end cuts, through the white paint.

Duncan

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post

Ian
    Haha, I couldn't agree more. If one's stupid enough not to be able to figure out how to replicate this, then they deserve to hand over their money.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin