Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,728   Online: 892

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just for the historical record, I sold it for $40 shipped...and since shipping was $15, that would peg the current "street price" of this thing (at least amongst the APUG crowd) at $25.

Duncan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    Just for the historical record, I sold it for $40 shipped...and since shipping was $15, that would peg the current "street price" of this thing (at least amongst the APUG crowd) at $25.

Duncan
    The "current street price" on anything zone vi is, in most cases, significantly higher than the original catalogue price. And while I have a difficult time understanding the appeal of a technical-centric approach to making high modernist b/w pictures of rocks and streams a good 75 years after this kind of work was relevant, there evidently exists a legion of post f64er's who are willing to part with substantial sums of money to feel a little more the aura of Ansel. Hence the outlandish prices that people are paying for anything zone vi no matter how ridiculous it was (and they made a lot of crappy stuff). Even more absurd than a $200 print flattener is the zone vi drying racks, eight of which recently sold on ebay for over $200. The fact that the same screens are still available from Calumet for less than half that suggests that this mania is still very much alive. As with anything on the secondary market, "current street price" is determined at auction, in this case ebay. Had you put it up for auction you probably would have cleared at least two times the amount you sold it here for.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If I was trying to get the most money possible for it, ebay is indeed where I would have listed it! The two of these that are still findable in ebay completed auctions sold for $46 (one just like mine) and $104 (the clear plastic kind)...so clearly maximizing money wasn't my goal. I priced it lower, and took an offer even lower than that.

Seems nobody is interested in the well-outfitted Durst DA-900 enlarger I posted here, so that one will be going to ebay.

Duncan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    clearly maximizing money wasn't my goal. I priced it lower, and took an offer even lower than that.
    Yes, clearly. My point is simply that the amount you sold it for here cannot be construed as an indication of (sic) "the current street price" or rather the actual market value.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I said the "current street price (at least amongst the APUG crowd)" - they seem to be a sharper bunch than the ebay crowd - or maybe just cheaper :-)

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    "the appeal of a technical-centric approach to making high modernist b/w pictures of rocks and streams a good 75 years after this kind of work was relevant"

That is So funny. LoL.

Same principle as borderless easle by Saunders.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin