Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,421   Online: 811

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Durst Laborator 1200 spare parts

The focus extension of my new laborator is broken. It is just the plastic piece who joins the arm to the draft mechanism:

(Internet image)

Do you know where to find this piece?
    Any idea about How to fix this?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You should be able to get a coupling like this:
    www.hpcgearsinternational.com/
    from an industrial bearing supplier or McMaster if you're in America.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh great!
    Thanks Paul

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    You should be able to get a coupling like this:
    www.hpcgearsinternational.com/
    from an industrial bearing supplier or McMaster if you're in America.
    Careful, the one you link to is only rated to 3000 RPM :-)

Those Durst folks were so clever in their design, using parts engineered for other applications in innovative ways!

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK, this intrigued me because I had just picked up a Laborator 1200 and was wondering how that coupling worked, so I dug into it a little more. To get proper access to remove it, you need to remove three phillips screws from the cover over the assembly. You'll discover the whole thing is way more complicated than it first appears - lots of little shafts and u-joints and things inside! Here is the mechanism:

The coupling in question is at the bottom. Because the flex part is a brightly colored urethane, it looks like Durst spray-painted it black to keep reflections down. That can't be good for the longevity of that material! And as you can see, it eventually starts flaking off anyway.

You'll need a 1.5mm hex key (Allen wrench) to loosen the pair of right-angle-to-each-other setscrews on each hub. Sorry, a 1/16" is just a shade too big, so US folks will have to go to the hardware store and pick up a 1.5mm wrench. (I got mine for 49 cents at Ace.) The original part on mine is a Paguag series 10 "Paguflex" coupling, with 6mm holes. See info here:

http://www.wachendorff-automation.co...tml?view=print

So the part number would be PF260606 from that source.

Here in the US it's a little harder to come up with that brand, or even something with 6mm holes. McMaster-Carr has a very similar part but with 1/4" holes, which are about 1/64" too big. The setscrews should be able to take up that slack. Here is the order page:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#double-loop-couplings/=6784em

Order number is 6183K1 with 1/4" x 1/4" bores, a little over $12. I'm going to order one and see how bad that loose fit really is. I'll report back.

Duncan
    Last edited by frobozz; 03-13-2010 at 09:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.

I have the same problem....underneath the plastic sleeve that protects the "joint"...being tall, I am able to reach the enlarger housing in order to move the fine focus, but I look forward to seeing your fix.

Shooter
    35mm
    All this information is awesome, far better than I expected.
    Thank you pals.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Focus joint.....

we have the brass type joint in stock in droves...which will replace the cheap plastic joint that was originally used for joining the focus extension, right diameter etc. $35 plus s/h.
    durst-pro-usa.com, email: durst-pro-usa@msn.com, 800 675 1493

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jensen-optical View Post
    we have the brass type joint in stock in droves...which will replace the cheap plastic joint that was originally used for joining the focus extension, right diameter etc. $35 plus s/h.
    durst-pro-usa.com, email: durst-pro-usa@msn.com, 800 675 1493
    Swim at your own risk...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    Swim at your own risk...
    OK, for those of us who are new around here... why is that?

Duncan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin