Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,881   Posts: 1,520,510   Online: 834

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

LPL 4550XL VC head question

Morning all.

Last night I was printing on our beautiful Leitz V35 -- but we don't have a full frame neg carrier for it Anyhow, right next to it is a gorgeous 4550XL with a complete set of neg carriers, glass and glassless....

Anyhow my question is .... the VC head in this has two "sides" I guess I'll say. One with a switch says "color" and "white light" and then there are two filter / contrast dials.

Do the two different sides just correspond to different filtration? Ie, different papers need a different setting?

We use Ilford multigrade filters for most everything, always have on all the papers I use ...just wondering which setting I should be using. We seem to not have the manual.

Thanks.

ps - anyone know if FF neg carriers for the V35 can still be had?

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    white light is for focusing, as it removes the filter pack from the light path. engage the lever when printing with a filter pack.
    they give you two options for setting the filters which at one time mean kodak etc. or Ilford.

we just use the number two option for ilford.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    white light is for focusing, as it removes the filter pack from the light path. engage the lever when printing with a filter pack.
    they give you two options for setting the filters which at one time mean kodak etc. or Ilford.

we just use the number two option for ilford.
    Excellent thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin