Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,404   Online: 994

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Jobo reel identification

While sifting through the attic, I came across a few of these reels, which were included when I bought a Jobo processor, years ago. I've never used them, and am not sure how they work. Was there a special loader required? Thanks for any info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's another photo. They're strange reels (to me, anyway). You can't "walk-on" the film. They have little teeth, instead of channels, for the film edge. And, there's no gap to start the loading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1684.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is the width where the film would go?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They're adjustable for 35 & 120.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There's one of those on ebay right now and they are calling it a "35mm reel for 4x5 size (2501 and similar) tanks"

I still don't see how you get the film on it though! And it even looks like there are some nubs about halfway along the arms that would make it even harder (unless the idea is to put two rolls on there?)

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a 2500 series reel designed for extremely high quality side to side uniformity and long lengths of film. It can hold a 70+ exposure roll of 35mm. The reels needed a special loader for each size. They were discontinued quite some time ago.

They still produced the sheet film version after stopping the roll film version from the 2500 series. They also produced a large, redesigned version of the above reel that does not need a special loader and looks like a more conventional reel.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've the sheet film reels for the 2500 drums and I've also got some of these reels as I intented to use them for 220 and 72 exposure 35 mm film (HP-5 Autowinder film) and I could NEVER get the film onto the reels... I have the loader for the sheet film reels, but I never could figure out how to get it to work with these reels and roll film.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With the roll film loader it is not too difficult. You do have to practice. I have a 35mm and a 120 loader here somewhere. There are photos of them in the old Jobo catalogs if you can get one. I have about 6 or so of the reels but I retired them a few years ago in favor of the more conventional design.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have the 3073 reel, is that what you mean by the more conventional version of this thing? That one supposedly handles quite a bit more than 70 exposures (I hope so - I bought it to do the film from my 100-exposure Canon back!)

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [Interrupted - content overtaken by other posts 8-)]

I think there has to be a loader. Durst used to have spirals with a guide/loader for 35mm, but this is not one of them. I wonder if it is 35mm/70mm, not 35mm/120, and what the spiral length is? Bulk film, maybe.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin