Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,733   Online: 890

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    For the enlarger I use an EPOI electronic analog timer, purchased deffective and fixed.
    For film & paper dev (daylight tank, safelight) a kitchen count down timer.

Jorge O
    Curitiba - nice place to live, if you don't care about the weather...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    A timer for washing? Okay, I don't get it.
    [...]
    My chosen criteria for washing is time, not changes in water or turbulence
    I've got one of these:
    http://www.fineartphotosupply.com/printwashers.htm
    and follow it's instructions for a half-hour soak in one tank of water, replacement, followed by another half-hour soak. Also, I only use FB paper. I haven't gotten around to using HCA yet... sure i will soon, once I initiate my bottle of selenium toner.

-KwM-

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I can't remember the model number but I use the Graylab timer that also has a metronome built into it. It gives me the best of both worlds. While I do still watch the timer, I've found that I feel something is missing unless I can also hear the metronome.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use only a metronome - if I can find it. My wife often borrows it for practicing (cornet), or I take it out myself for practicing (song).

If I can't find it, I count. After 30 years of music I have no difficulties in counting at a steady 60 bpm...

Apart from that, I use a wrist-watch - in daylight.

I've tried (briefly) working with an enlarger timer, and couldn't get used to it at all.

Edit. Try removing the dash in wrist-watch. Amusing :o
    Last edited by Ole; 06-08-2004 at 02:46 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Censored!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An RH Designs Process timer for film and a Stop Clock Pro fstop Compensating timer for print exposures, again by RH Designs.

Images
    On my enlarger, I use a a digital timer that dates back to the dawn of digital timers. It looks as if was constructed in someone's basement. It works fine but I find it's controls inconvenient to use and it has a weird footswtch plug. For burning and dodging I'd rather have tones than an LED countdown. If I'm concentrating on on the easle, I'm not looking at the timer. I'd like to get one of those Beselar Audible timers, they're all over Ebay but I haven't managed to snag one yet.

For process I use a old Gralab Dial timer.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a GraLab 300 for film and paper and for the enlarger an LPL 500 with a footswitch.
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For processing, a 10 buck talking count-down timer.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use an old laptop, with red film over the screen, a SSR driven via the parport switches the enlarger and some home brewed software (DOS based).

If anyone is interested then pm me and I'll send you a copy and details of the interface. It could use a little refining but works OK.

Cheers

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heh, I have to put another shameless plug - I use Palm with FotoTimer software and a DIY relay to hook it up with enlarger - see my DIY projects for Palm in the Darkroom.

Only downside is that it counts in full seconds. Good enough for me, though.
    The same software is used for both negative and positive work. Lets you "chain" processes, so you can prepare the whole shebang in advance (pre-wash, development, stop, fix, rinse, whatever) with adjustable pauses between processes. In short, once you start it, your hands are free.
    Quite a nifty program - and freeware, too!

Denis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin