Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,662   Online: 848

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Saunders easel blade stuck

Hello,

My most recent bad experience buying used equipment on eBay is with a 20x24 Saunders easel in "Very good condition". The knob for one of the blades spins without moving the blade, which is stuck in place. The knob's set screw was tight, so I loosened it and removed the knob and see that the set screw does seat properly on the knob post. The issue is within whatever gearing there is inside the sealed assembly under the knob. The knob's post spins so something inside is stripped?

While waiting for the seller to respond, does anyone familiar with these know of a fix for this problem? I'm going to learn sooner or later to buy only locally where I can check items out before buying them!

Thanks,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm still looking for a 20x24 myself, but is this a friction drive like the smaller Saunders units? If so, maybe it just needs to be tightened. If you don't want it I might be interested.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    It's possible that there is not enough spring pressure pressing the roller against the bar. You can take it off the rail and bend the spring to increase the tension. Also, always lift the blades slightly by lifting the frame so they don't drag when adjusting them.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thank you. Through trial and error I pulled up on the knob while turning and the roller must have reengaged with the bar. Is working now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin