Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,662   Online: 935

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Has anyone seens this easel before and what do you think?

I am looking for a new easel and I saw this, what do you experts think

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Masking-Frame-...ht_2366wt_1167

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow...that's...I don't know. It could actually be quite useful as long as you have a nice, sturdy surface to put it on. I don't think I'd pay $75 for it, though.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks pretty neat - I'd probably buy it if it were located nearer to me...but I have a few projects for which I could use something like this. Hope that helps
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yeah i do have a lovely big table which my enlarger is bolted too, I didn't think it was to badly priced, I am sure you could make one cheeper

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah just get some strip magnets and a magnetic surface.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To me, it looks like it would be very fiddley to work with, and might not hold the typical double-weight fiber paper that is common now.
    I'm with Stephanie, it's interesting, but I wouldn't pay that much for it. I only have slightly more than that invested in the two 4 blade easels I own.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Here's another vote for magnets and steel sheet. The easel you show might be great for deliberate distortions but heavy paper might just be too much trouble to keep flat and if you need to distort a photograph, you can most likely come up with something just as versatile.

When I made my magnetic easel set-up, I used really strong ¼" (6mm) rare-earth magnets, which I embedded into hardwood strips that were planed true and painted flat black. They're easier to lift and position for me and I've yet to meet the photo paper that can't be held firmly in place with these, though my prints are rarely as large as 16x20". You could even go so far as to embed some of these into your baseboard to hold your sheet of metal in place as a semi-permanent easel.

Eli

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are bothered by slightly out of alignment edges with an easel, this would drive you right off the edge.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It does have markings on it, but I did wonder that myself

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin