Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,626   Online: 1014

Shooter
    Medium Format

Zone VI Cold Light Head 8x10

Recently I purchased a Zone VI cold light head (8x10). Basically it works fine, however, every now and then only the green tube is working when the head is switched on. When I switch off the whole head and wait for a couple of minutes it works correctly for the whole session.

I wonder if there is anyone out there who is aware of such a problem and if you know about schematic diagrams to get this head fixed if the problem gets worse.

Thanks a lot

Andre

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    You might call Calumet tech support in Chicago. They are usually pretty good about answering questions.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall View Post
    You might call Calumet tech support in Chicago. They are usually pretty good about answering questions.
    Hah! They have zero clue about anything analog in my experience. Call Richard Ritter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the advice, Robert. Indeed, Calumet in Chicago still have some spare parts on stock. Right now, the cold light works fine. Its probably a matter of temperature. So I won't disassemble the head right now...
    Is there anybody out there also using this head and if so have you ever noticed such a behavior?

Regards

Andre

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have had my Zone VI for about 6 or 7 years. It has worked well for me.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My enlarger has been great, but I've had less than good luck getting even info from Calumet about parts. Hopefully this means they've returned to their former selves in service!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin