Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,869   Online: 967

Shooter
    Medium Format

Beseler Resistrol

Does anyone have and use Beseler Resistrol? If so, what voltage range do you get with it?
    Mine came brand old/new from *bay. the unit seems to be brand new, but the lowest I can get voltage is 90V (from 110V). Is this normal or do I have faulty unit?

Also, any issues when printing with VC paper?

Thank you
    ig

Shooter
    35mm
    I used the resistrol a long time ago. The voltage that you get depending on the wattage of your bulb but if I remember correctly it's about from 80V to supply voltage with a 70W bulb. If you always set the resitrol to get the same voltage all the time then there is no problem. If you varying the voltage to get the lamp dimmer or brighter then the color of the light also changes and could cause problem with VC printing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Chan,

My understanding is that with household AC source, voltage is constant and amperage varies depending on lamp or appliance being powered. That why we have current limiting fuses. Resistrol should be changing voltage by providing variable resistance in series with a lamp. My question is how wide is that variation with Beseler Resistrol on min and max. I was expecting wider spread then 20 volts. Then in other hand, Resistrol is simple wire coil, so I would imagine it can only go so much before it would overheat. Perhaps 20V spread is to be expected?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin