Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,113   Online: 815

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Greg,
    How did you go with the Devere?
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'm picking it up this Friday. I'll post some pictures of the pick up and installation.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have fun, and don't let the chains drop if you have to split it, it's a fiddly, messy job getting them back in place.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    What exactly do you mean by dropping? I have the manual that explains how to assemble the thing and how to take it apart to change the drive belts. That is what I was going to use as a guide. And are the bolts and such metric?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the bolts are Imperial (British not American), just take an adjustable spanner every-things easy to get at. I've no spanners/sockets here to check.

You don't need to touch the drive belts but make sure that the locater bolts are screwed in to stop the pulley wheels dropping, it's in the manual but needs stressing as it saves a lot of work when re-assembling.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    What exactly do you mean by dropping? I have the manual that explains how to assemble the thing and how to take it apart to change the drive belts. That is what I was going to use as a guide. And are the bolts and such metric?
    The control wheels on the base board transmit their effect using chains in the pedestal legs. The cogs at the top end are bolted to the drive wires in the column when the whole enlarger is together, but, when the column is split from the pedestal, the cogs are not attached to anything and can drop into the legs. If this does happen it is easy enough to reattach them, but as they are covered in grease, it is a very messy business!

There are two long bolts on the back of the pedestal at the height of these cogs. Wind these in as far as they will go before you split the column from the pedestal, these then provide a bit of support for the cogs. After you split off the column, you can usually wind them in a bit further. Just remember to wind them out after reattaching the column, as they cause quite a bit of friction otherwise.

Laying the pedestal on its back during transport will also help to keep the cogs in place. If they do come adrift, the legs of the pedestal have several panels that come off allowing access to the chain drives.

Ian is correct, the bolts are imperial (well they were on the 507 I moved).
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richard ide View Post
    I have moved a few long things in a small vehicle. If you have the center of gravity inside and tie it down well; there should not be a problem.
    Me too - the most notable being a baby grand piano using a van which was about half the ideal size. The centre of gravity was probably just outside the rear doors!

Steve.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Got home with it about an hour ago and put it back together. The guy didn't know he had more parts for it than he thought. It did have a baseboard, just not connected, as well as a lensboard and the power adapter for 115V American power sockets. It has attached to it a 500 Color Analyzer. That's cool, but the manual doesn't cover how it operates. I plugged it all in and it works! Unfortunately there is no negative carrier. I'll get pictures up tomorrow.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Beauty............
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Here are some pictures of the enlarger. I found it partially disassembled and laying on it's back. I got it completely disassembled and into my small SUV. Here it is reassembled in my garage for now. The last one is to show scale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02602.JPG   DSC02605.JPG   DSC02607.JPG   DSC02609.JPG  
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin