Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,820   Online: 1005

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

DeVere 5108 height

I am in a position to get a DeVere 5108 enlarger. This is a floor stand model. I have a smallish SUV and would like to avoid renting a moving van, if possible. I know this machine can be broken down in half and would like to know from someone with experience doing so how tall each half is. I will have about 4-5 feet in the back once the seats are removed to lay the pieces down. The enlarger is missing the actual baseboard, though the frame the baseboard attaches to is still there. I have ordered the owner's manual, but there is no guarantee that it will arrive before I pick this up. Any help would be appreciated.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I am in a position to get a DeVere 5108 enlarger. This is a floor stand model. I have a smallish SUV and would like to avoid renting a moving van, if possible. I know this machine can be broken down in half and would like to know from someone with experience doing so how tall each half is. I will have about 4-5 feet in the back once the seats are removed to lay the pieces down. The enlarger is missing the actual baseboard, though the frame the baseboard attaches to is still there. I have ordered the owner's manual, but there is no guarantee that it will arrive before I pick this up. Any help would be appreciated.
    Try moving it without separating the two halves. The Controls for the head are on the drop baseboard frame and the linkage is tricky to reassemble.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would have to agree with "tenaitch", don't try to disassemble. When I brought mine home I just put it in the back of a truck and drove it home. I have the manual so if you need some info before yours arrives, just let me know and I will scan the pages you need.

Tori

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I don't want to disassemble it, but I will have to. Renting a vehicle to move it will more than double the price, and I just can't do that right now.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I moved a L184 from Melbourne to my home 1200 km in one piece. I layed it in a trailer. Can you do that? I had a roll of stretch wrap to cover it.
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I don't have a trailer hitch. To get one and have it installed and rent a trailer will cost close to a van rental. I looked into that, too. Unfortunately, if I can't find a way to break it down for transport, I won't be able to get it at all. And I would really hate to lose it because of that.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Do you guys have rent a ute? Maybe a utility would be a cheaper rental?
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The actual rentals are cheap, about $20-$40. It's the mileage fee that adds up since it's a 500 mile round trip.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmmm... MINE's a 504 - I could be wrong but I think the column is the same (!) with the same configuration. I remember being able to separate the floor standing base from the table/column thereby allowing conversion to a wall mount unit. I THINK that 5108 is similar.... as long as you don't separate the column from the table - that's the crucial thing - as far as I know. But you may NEED to separate at least the base to get it through your door(s)!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I think I am just going to have to contact KHB on Monday and see what they say in terms of instructions and sizes. If the machine is 8 feet tall and breaks into two equal pieces, then it will fit, since I have 5 feet to work with inside the vehicle. I know the top half comes off since KHB sells a tabletop conversion kit, but I don't know what tools I will need to use to take apart the linkage and such.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin