Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,958   Posts: 1,523,014   Online: 1237

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

DeVere 5108 negative carrier

So I was able to figure out that I can, in fact, get this enlarger home. I knew before I bought it that it does not include a negative carrier and I will need to get or make one. I have a few months before I can actually use this thing, so I am not in any hurry, but is anyone able to take a few pictures of theirs and post it here so I know what it is supposed to look like? A google search pulls up nothing. If so, could you put up a picture of the top, the bottom, and with it laid open? Thanks to everyone that helped me figure out how to get this beast home!
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    For those of you with this enlarger, I am about to start making my own negative carrier since I cannot find one to purchase. Can someone tell me if the factory one has a ridge on the bottom to create a light trap in the enlarger? Or is it smooth bottomed? Thanks for any help.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Greg, I use two pieces of glass, window glass on the bottom and non glare framing glass on the top with a tape hinge and a little loop of tape to pull it in and out of the enlarger. It works perfectly. I have them for 8x10 negs and for 5x7 negs. I have placed a piece of masking tape on the bottom glass to locate the sheet..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have some pictues of the Devere 8x10 negative carrier on my other computer I'll post them when I get a chance.

Here is your glass: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...&postcount=272

(points to a post offering up some 8x10 negative carrier glass that may be for DeVere)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks, Dale. I have seen pictures of the top and the inside, but not the bottom. I am not going to use original DeVere glass in my own carrier simply because it does not allow for printing the film edge if I so desire. That is not something I do very often, but I don't want to be restricted if the mood strikes.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just glass on the bottom and cutouts from black plastic and some from cardboard on top works for me

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Thanks, Dale. I have seen pictures of the top and the inside, but not the bottom. I am not going to use original DeVere glass in my own carrier simply because it does not allow for printing the film edge if I so desire. That is not something I do very often, but I don't want to be restricted if the mood strikes.
    That's the nice thing about the glass sandwich, you can do almost anything you want...EC

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I have some pictues of the Devere 8x10 negative carrier on my other computer I'll post them when I get a chance.

Here is your glass: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...&postcount=272

(points to a post offering up some 8x10 negative carrier glass that may be for DeVere)
    Dale, did you ever find those pictures? I still need to see the bottom side.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry, the pictures just show the top side.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is the only picture I have in my collection:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin