Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,314   Posts: 1,536,686   Online: 914

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, now I see,I thought you were buying it.Just tell them $1200 or best offer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nice setup! If I didnít already have one (and if I lived closer), Iíd be interested.

I see the Metrolux timer and the Zone VI controller, and the neg carrier seems to be the 6x17. There is also an enlarging lens visible on the head, which could be a 150mm (to match the neg carrier). The enlarger is the newer, more desirable Type 2, but the column seems to be the shorter one.

Based on what I can see, I think a price around $800 or so is fair. But I suspect that additional lenses, lensboards or neg carriers are included, which would raise the price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    Ok, now I see,I thought you were buying it.Just tell them $1200 or best offer.
    I already have 2 Beselers. Though I'm tempted, I don't need it.
    She also has an Omega View camera to sell.

Thanks everyone!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I already have 2 Beselers. Though I'm tempted, I don't need it.

So you guys are sure the picture winger posted earlier is a 4x5?? I'm going out on a limb here and saying it looks like a 5x7 and winger may want this

Here is the 8x10 for comparison. So, I'm thinking the picture winger posted has a head just a little smaller than the one shown here and therefore is a 5x7:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh sure, thanks Dale! I don't have room for another enlarger unless I get rid of one. Though that doesn't seem to stop my hubby from buying cars...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    This looks exactly like my enlarger, which will enlarge 5x7 negatives.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Winger, I also have two Beseler Enlargers, a 4x5 and an 8x10. Trust me, you really need three enlargers. At least that's what I told my wife when I bought the last one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I essentially bought the same system a couple of years ago, however in addition to the timer, I got the base, a wall mount, long column, four lenses and lens boards, archival print washer, a bunch of drying screens, afocusing device or two, 4 or 5 carriers, a custom built stainless 9ft sink and hardware, plus a box or two of other stuff. $900. Yes, a good deal, but I wouldn't be too excited to buy this unit at anything over $450 to $500 it I was going to have to go out and find the extra parts I needed for the formats in which I planned to work. The carriers seem to be list at $200 - $300 on ebay. Things can get expensive, fast. Bill Barber

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin