Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,671   Posts: 1,481,807   Online: 1128

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

zone VI enlarger - how much?

Someone near here posted an Omega View camera on Craigslist thinking it was an enlarger. I e-mailed them to tell them and we e-mailed a bit and then they said they also have a Zone VI enlarger with a Rodenstock lens (not sure which, if there are different ones). They'd like to know how much to ask for it on Craigslist. They aren't planning to 'bay it because of shipping and don't want to ask the 1200 they've seen on the 'bay. I don't need another enlarger and my friend who was looking for one got a Durst. Does anyone either need one or know how much to ask for one? I have pictures I can e-mail.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Does the size make a difference?
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which model 1 or 2,does it have a compensating timer,variable contrast head,lit sensor in the head ? There was a model 2 in the classifieds here awhile back that had everything you needed and I think it was going for around $800. I paid $250. for my model 1 with out timer.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    Which model 1 or 2,does it have a compensating timer,variable contrast head,lit sensor in the head ? There was a model 2 in the classifieds here awhile back that had everything you needed and I think it was going for around $800. I paid $250. for my model 1 with out timer.
    Mike
    The photos the woman sent me don't show a model number and since I don't know this enlarger, I have no idea. I believe it comes with a metrolux II lamp controller. One photo shows a variable contrast control box.
    Fairly sure it's a 4x5 enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beth,that sounds like the mabe model 2,looking at the lens stage the model 2 will have two bars coming down holding the lens stage behind the bellows.If it is a model 2 you can enlarge 5x7.The metrolux is a good timer for that enlarger seeing how it has the ability to plug in to the light head of the enlarger making use of the compensator capabilities,a excellent feature. I would check the forum for the Zone VI enlarger group in this forum,they should be able to help you more than me. If every thing is working right and I had some money, it would be worth about $600.,$700 .Neg Carries are not to common on ebay all tho they are not to hard for a metal guy to fabricate if he has a sample.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Zone VI VC Enlarger Users, they are in the groups forum. Best ask one of those people as I don't know to much about the Model 2 VC type. Like to have one!
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    here's the photo that shows the most. Keep in mind that I haven't seen it, only the photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zone vi.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    It does look smaller than my 8x10 model. (though just the same style).
    It is a model 2.
    I paid $400 for my 8X10. Often the price is related to the local market, as shipping is often viewed as a minus.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ya thats mod 2,notice the two shafts comeing up above the head,those are the lens stage focus and supports. only one was used on the mod 1.How much is the person asking?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    Ya thats mod 2,notice the two shafts comeing up above the head,those are the lens stage focus and supports. only one was used on the mod 1.How much is the person asking?
    They're asking me how much they should ask before posting it on the Pittsburgh Craigslist. So if anyone's interested...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin