Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,762   Online: 940

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Aristo Cold light head

Hello All,
    Does anyone have a picture of this head on an Omega D2?
    For the life of me I cannot figure it out and 1 pic will be worth a thousand words.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I believe it goes in place of the condensers in the can.

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 03-25-2010 at 01:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I know where it goes but I could not get it to lay flat. I am not getting something and a pic would help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats how mine fit.carefully take the two lens out of the aluminum casing and slip the cold lit in and feed the wires up threw the head support casting.You have to take off the top light bulb casting off completely so the wires can come threw.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have an Aristo fitted to my old D2 but I don't have time to photograph it right now. If no one else has supplied you with a photograph by this afternoon, send me a PM and I'll shoot one and send it to you.
    Dan

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

D@ enlarger

Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    Thats how mine fit.carefully take the two lens out of the aluminum casing and slip the cold lit in and feed the wires up threw the head support casting.You have to take off the top light bulb casting off completely so the wires can come threw.
    Ok I understand that part but when I remove the light bulb housing I have the 2 arms, left and right, that a bracket that came with the new unit fits into and attaches to the unit but when attached it does not swing down into place correctly over where you would place the negative carrier. Also while I have you do the filters fir in the draw that pulls out of the cold head? Are they a special size?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FM2N,[I] took some d----l Picks of my set up,will down load them when my daughter gets back later on to day (ain't no good with computer stuff).One thing that might be wrong is the bracket for the cold lamp might be for the Bessler enlarger.On the Omegas the cold light just slips into the round aluminum condenser houseing and that attaches to the regular Omega head casting with the two arms on each side,the top light bulb casting is not used.I will try to down load the pic's I took but don't hold your breath.Wish I could help more.
    Mike

The cold light fits in place of the condensers and corrigated collar.

The light housing and all else is removed except for the piece with the arms that the aluminum collar boyonets into.

The position of the collar is the same as before. The same arms lift just as before. If not flat on the neg carrier, loosen the 4 thumb screws , let it settle, then retighten.

The arms are supposed to fit in the recess between the threads of the screw and the head so they pivot. If you don`t get this right, the collar will not sit flat and will not stay level as you raise and lower.

Put filters above the neg carrier and below the light or under the lens. Both work ok

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FM2N,go to my Apug site and check the my albums,I down loaded some pics of my enlarger.
    Mike
    Last edited by mike c; 03-25-2010 at 08:06 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add

Shooter
    Large Format
    FM2M

what you do is take the piece with the bulb off,
    and then take out the magnifiers ( condensers ) and ring
    they are in a metal ring ...
    take the opaque disk and put it in first ...
    and put the cold light head on top of the disk
    it doesn't lay flush it just sits in there on top of the disk.

the wires run down the column ..
    on mine at least, it doesn't look pretty, but it works ...

good luck!
    john

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin