Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,400   Online: 813

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    oh i plan to use it out of interest what paper do i need to print photos
    thanks
    Leave nothing but footprints.Kill nothing but time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have or plan to buy variable contrast filters, then get some resin coated variable contrast paper. The alternative is graded paper, and you will have to buy two or three different grades to start, also rc based. Get an inexpensive paper to start, as you will go through lots of it while learning.Personally, I wouldnt print over 8x10, and cut it to different sizes as needed. Get some Dektol, or whatever brand of paper developer is cheap and handy, use the same stop and fix that you have for film, just segregate the stuff used for film from paper. As you become more proficient, you can start to experiment with different papers and films. In the meanwhile, stick with one film and one paper and learn them well. Keep an eye out for deals on photo paper in the classifieds, as well as more gear for the DR.

Obviously, I did not tell you a specific brand of paper, there are lots of different ones available. Just buy as cheap as you can for now, you will know when you are ready to make the jump to expensive "art" papers. besides, there are plenty of folks here that will give their opinion of which brands you will want(because its theirs).

Cheers
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That picture of the enlarger manual is from a fleabay acution.
    I'd certainly try to use it. I'm a little stumped on the negative carrier issue. With the thousands of enlarger users on APUG, I'm sure we can get figure out how you can make prints with it without the manual.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd tried to find some pictures of the J35 online to see how the carrier fits into the head, but no luck.

I did find this advertisement for the J35 from 1969:
    http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=2...t%20j35&f=true

I also think you should use this enlarger at least to learn the basics. For now I'd even clip a single negative frame so you can at least try out the enlarger. The issue about how to fit a 35mm strip into the carrier may need more photos showing how the carrier fits into the head before it can be solved.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    here are some more shots got the neg thing round the right way now
    only prob is in the photo i posted on the right you see that peace of black square card with a hole

well it fell out from somewhere no idea where though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails j35.jpg   durstj35.jpg  
    Leave nothing but footprints.Kill nothing but time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin