Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,411   Online: 867

Shooter
    Large Format

Jobo DuoLab process 8x10 Sheet film

Dear All,

I just bought a new Jobo DuoLab and hoping I could process 8x10 sheet film with Kodak E6 Chemistry.

It came with 2 tanks. One for film 1520/95544 and one for paper 2834.

Can anyone tell me, if the paper tank 2834 suitable to process 8x10 sheet film?

If not which tank should I use and where can I find it?

Thank you.

-Teng Wei

Shooter
    Multi Format
    8x10" you should process in a Expert drum (6x 8x10" ) but this is not fitting on your Duolab. (But it fits on a CPA-CPP).
    Maybe with a trick you can use a paper drum and try with it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    8x10" you should process in a Expert drum (6x 8x10" ) but this is not fitting on your Duolab. (But it fits on a CPA-CPP).
    Maybe with a trick you can use a paper drum and try with it.
    Yes I've an 8x10 paper tank and will try with it.

Does anyone has any trick that I can use, so the film can be developed evenly? There are some groove inside the 8x10 paper tank. I hope the 8x10 film would not stick to the side of the drum.

Any trick will be appreciated. Thank you.

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Duolab has 8x10" slots. Just use the slots--- they are not just suitable for paper. People process sheet film all the time in their Nova slot processors. The Duolab has good temperature control and the slots are even slanted. The stick is different but it is perhaps even better suited to film than the Nova's burger holder..
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by edz View Post
    The Duolab has 8x10" slots. Just use the slots--- they are not just suitable for paper. People process sheet film all the time in their Nova slot processors. The Duolab has good temperature control and the slots are even slanted. The stick is different but it is perhaps even better suited to film than the Nova's burger holder..
    Thanks Edward

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Kind to share the final experience and result of using the duolab for this purpose? By the way, I saw some photos of it got some tubes, what are they for. Thanks for any advice.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Dear Teng Wei;
    I've answered this question several times and even submitted some photos of the film holder I made for developing film in the paper slots. I have used the Duo Lab for sheet film up to 8X10 and it produces the most perfectly developed negatives I've ever made and with the four slots, it's even possible to use seperate developers in the first two slots and stop and fix in the remaining slots so it's possible to process two 8X10's four 5X7 and eight 4X5's at a time. Just use the search function for Duo Lab on this forum and you should find the post with pictures and all.
    Denise Libby

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for archer and the link is this one: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/6...bo-duolab.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin