Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,458   Online: 1130

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Early Riser View Post
    Eye fatigue becomes an issue for many people and it's exacerbated by going from a dark dark room into a bright room to view prints. I decided to paint my darkroom white except for the area right around the enlargers which is black. If I'm working on a dense negative and I need the DR darker, I can always turn down my safelights.
    I use a pair of red goggles when I need to go out of the darkroom. They preserve the low light vision needed with no adjustment time from a bright room into the darkroom. Been using them for many years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade D View Post
    I use a pair of red goggles when I need to go out of the darkroom. They preserve the low light vision needed with no adjustment time from a bright room into the darkroom. Been using them for many years.
    Interesting idea. Like welding goggles? Or, where do you get the red goggles?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Interesting idea. Like welding goggles? Or, where do you get the red goggles?
    I bought them years ago at a local camera store. They are made specifically for darkroom use and have a ruby red lens and red side shields that fit to the face. Kind of like safety goggles for wood and metal working. I have no idea if they are still made or who would sell them.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade D View Post
    I bought them years ago at a local camera store. They are made specifically for darkroom use and have a ruby red lens and red side shields that fit to the face. Kind of like safety goggles for wood and metal working. I have no idea if they are still made or who would sell them.
    Reminds me of Pittsburgh Steel from the master himself (W. Eugene Smith):

Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very cool picture. Smith was indeed a master.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin