Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,787   Online: 822

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If your darkroom ceiling is white, bounce your safelight off the ceiling; it will give a soft, overall light that is quite pleasant. Also, you can use a little higher-wattage bulb (do do the safelight test though).

I have also been using amber and red pocket LED flashlights (e.g., Photon) for finding things and reading stuff in the darkroom. I keep one in my apron pocket. They are great for reading that print manipulation list when you're not quite sure how much you decided to burn that edge this time.

I love the screw-in LED idea. I'm going to try some myself.

Best,

Doremus Scudder
    www.DoremusScudder.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A division of the company I work for makes LED rear light clusters for cars. They are super bright red and amber LEDs on a flexible polyimide printed circuit. I have some to experiment with. If they work, my new darkroom will have LED safelights.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin