Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,501   Posts: 1,571,712   Online: 951

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is my solution:

The system is made by Helios and is made from these components.

The system is *very* silent as the fan is capsuled and there is a noise silencer built in. It is nothing which you want to install yourself as there are some pitfalls which generate noise if not handled correctly. You'll need a louver with dust filter somewhere.
    Building a ventilation into a darkroom is easy. Building an efficient one which does not make noise is very difficult. Fans used in toilets are inapt as you stay in a darkroom for hours not for minutes.
    My vent transports 380m³/h at full speed. This is about 15x the volume of my darkroom. Usually I run it on step 1. It is practicallly noiseless then. On step 2 it is barely hearable. I can run it conveniently up to step 3. Step 4 and 5 I rarely use. On step5 it is appr. as noisy as our kitchen vent on step 1.

Ulrich

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ulrich,
    That is similar to what I propose to build. How do you introduce air into the darkroom?
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by largeformat pat View Post
    Ulrich,
    That is similar to what I propose to build. How do you introduce air into the darkroom?
    Pat
    There is a large louver with a light trap in the door. It is made with a filter to keep dust out.

Ulrich

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dears Ulrich and Pan: Do you think that vent the entire sink long will be as efficient as a vent hood equally long?
    Henry.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I feel a hood would require a fan just the same. A hood would take up more area. I propose to place the duct behind overhead cupboards. Also with duct I was going to place it closer to the tray area and get more fumes removed with the fan not having to work so hard. A hood will access a larger area.
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin