Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,491   Posts: 1,571,343   Online: 770

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2f,

I'm guessing since that's a POM drink, its pretty expensive?

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Arizona iced tea 1 gal. bottles are pretty airtight too
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For C-41 developer, my favorite right now is Martinelli's apple juice bottles:

http://www.martinellis.com/store/products/siaj10b.shtml

These bottles are 300ml and made out of rather thick airtight plastic. I make 1 or 2 liters of developer and split it into these bottles and use them one at a time for one or two shot development. The developer keeps very well in these. I just opened a bottle that I mixed 2 months ago and it's in perfect condition. The only trouble is, every time I open developer now, I want to drink it -- the juice tasted soooo good ;-)

Images
    I like the shape of the bottle, no neck and thick. Is it clear plastic?

Too bad the contents would put me in the hospital. Allergic to pomegranates.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The drinks can be over $2.50 a pop, which is absolutely ridiculous. I get five or six of them them when they are on sale for 98 cents each at Vons.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ummm....guys, it is not generally a good idea to put non-potable stuff into beverage bottles, particularly if the original appearance of the bottle is not drastically altered. Kids, in particular, are apt to take a swig on the assumption that it if weren't soda pop, it wouldn't be in a soda pop bottle.

Putting automotive antifreeze (ethylene glycol-based) into two-liter soda bottles is one of the more egregious offenses, since the stuff not only looks sort of citrus-y, it actually tastes sweet and it doesn't take much to kill a youngster.

I can imagine someone mistaking slightly oxidized developer for an herbal tea, and in some cases the taste might actually be better

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ever heard of natural selection, greybeard?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    My 70 year-old father-in-law is an intrepid outdoorsman. He uses an old anti-freeze bottle as a water bottle. He enjoys the expression on his climbing partners faces when he takes a swig out of it.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan View Post
    My 70 year-old father-in-law is an intrepid outdoorsman. He uses an old anti-freeze bottle as a water bottle. He enjoys the expression on his climbing partners faces when he takes a swig out of it.

keeps his veins from freezing in the cold

-Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ever heard of natural selection, greybeard?

My father used to store insecticide in soda bottles, until I pointed out how dangerous it could be to his grandchildren. He stopped doing it immediately and I now have a grandchild of my own to worry about.

But then, some people don't have kids......any more........

keeps his veins from freezing in the cold

Ah, yes---the old-fashioned alcohol-based antifreeze. Didn't know you could still get that without paying excise tax on it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin