Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,527   Online: 1052

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Cool bottle alert

Hello,

A friend recently introduced me to a beverage called Pomx Antioxidant Super Tea, and the bottles are absolutely great for chemical storage. The "tea" itself is pretty good once you get used to it, but can taste a little odd at first (slightly pungent, slightly bitter, but still sweet, with some odd flavor mixtures).

The bottles are clear PETE plastic, but the plastic is much thicker than a water bottle. It is nice and sturdy.

The bottom makes the bottle stand much more stably than a water bottle as well. A nice continuous rim at the edge of the bottle and the thick plastic make these bottles anything but wobbly.

The cap appears to have a great gasket. Seems to be a somewhat elastic, but not soft plastic. Should keep air out perfectly.

The bottles are labeled 8 fl oz (473 ml), but they will fit about 494 ml when filled all the way to the top. So, they are, for all photographic intents and purposes, close enough to a half liter bottle to be called one.

The shape of the bottles is simple and clean. Straight sides, domed top. No frills or weird space-age moldings like water bottles.

The spout is nice and wide (over 1 inch diameter), so they pour and funnel easily and smoothly.

I don't know if there are any other sizes available, but I will certainly be buying this tea for a while in order to stock up!
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 03-31-2010 at 07:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Grolsch beer bottles are also 473 ml or so, and also are very close to 500 ml when full, and the contents taste quite nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am a hard liquor guy, Kevin...except for the occasional Mickey's 40 oz.

...but seriously, this is a plastic alternative to beer bottles, and they have a great lid...and I do like the tea...but not most beers. Pilsner Urquel is probably the beer I like best.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I am a hard liquor guy, Kevin...except for the occasional Mickey's 40 oz.

...but seriously, this is a plastic alternative to beer bottles, and they have a great lid...and I do like the tea...but not most beers. Pilsner Urquel is probably the beer I like best.

Yes, it sounds like a handy plastic bottle. I don't mind the Pilsner Urquel myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Others should feel free to add their own cool bottles to this thread.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't know about bottles, but if you like Pilsner Urquel, you'll like Grolsch. They are both classic, crisp Pilsner beers.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeez, I miss the old days when we would drink a quart of beer just for the brown bottles. Then they stopped making resealable screw tops for them, and we had to find a new source of chem storage. I guess these new plastic bottles are just as good, if not better.
    Any chance you have a pic of the new one you are raving about.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Too lazy to search for my digital camera batteries, dust them off, charge them, etc., so I found this picture on the company's Website:

(This lychee flavor is particularly nasty. Lychee is one fruit I definitely do not enjoy all that much.)
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The motts clamato bottles (available in 946ml and 1.89 liter sizes) work well for me. They are reasonably strong, have large openings, and have grips that make them easy to use.

Here is a link to the website (warning - flash video):

http://www.mottsclamato.com/
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been using plastic PET salsa bottles from the Sam's club 2-pack of Pace's Chunky Salsa. The plastic Pace bottle seems to be a pretty rare critter, maybe found only at Sam's. The lids are very wide, sturdy and reseal well so it's easy to pour things back in, and they have a nice stable bottom, and hold a liter. The regular glass Pace bottles are pretty good too but they don't hold a liter and you can't squeeze the air out of them.
    f/22 and be there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin