Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,897   Posts: 1,521,015   Online: 817

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Replacing Drum Retaining Latches on the Jobo Lift Unit

1. Remove the 4 countersunk stainless steel screws from the plate that faces towards the right side.

2. Use a small flat-bladed screwdriver to remove the silicone rubber sealant from the center of the cog. It covers the stainless steel screw holding the small cog that drives the drum cog. Digging it out wrecks the silicone plug, so a new one must be made on reassembly.

3. Remove the screw and cog.

4. Remove 1 stainless steel cap screw (flat surface under head) from the side of the lift facing the operator and 2 screws of the same type from the back side. With the gear and screws removed you should be able to separate the center from the tilt unit and pull it just far enough forward (towards the right end of the machine) from the frame to install the new latch.

Reassemble in reverse order paying particular attention to the screw types. The 4 screws in the plate surrounding the drum attachments are countersunk (conical under the heads), while the front and back screws are all flat-bottomed cap screws. Be careful. Youíre screwing into PLASTICósoft and not very strong. Use just enough torque to snug the screws reasonably but donít try to get them tighter than necessary.

After replacing the drive cog you should replace the silicone rubber sealant over the screw securing the cog. Itís the same sort of colorless material used to seal around the edges of bath tubs, showers, countertops, and so forth. Itís prudent to obtain a several replacement latches so youíll have them on hand if needed.

Iíve found that a thin film of petrolatum does a great job of reducing friction between the latches and the rotating cog lids and keeps this interface from squealing. It also ensures smooth, quiet operation of the large drive gear where it mates with the smaller drive cog at the back side of the lift unit. A film of petrolatum is also good to lubricate the two metal tubes that the roller carriage slides on. This needs to be reapplied only once in a while.

If you use the correct volume of chemistry (maximum of 250ml for the 3063 20Ē x 24Ē drum) then the drum is almost certainly leaking between the lid and the drum. That means the lid isnít correctly and firmly in place on the end of the tube to make a proper seal. This could also happen at the tube-to-tube joint on a two-piece drum like the 2850 drum for 16Ē x 20Ē prints.

Itís also possible that something could be damaged allowing the solution to leak, but this is very unlikely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian C.
    Thank you very much for this information. I, for one will use it and keep it on file.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

It's epidemic !

Hi,

I just discovered yesterday one of my ATL-1 lift latch is broke ! Thanks to all for the informations. One more time, I see APUG forums are the place to go before taking my screwdriver out his toolbox.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Raphael

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you Ian. As Jobo fades away, if it does, I think the only way we will keep developing is if people like you are generous with what they have learned. As Bruce did, I will store this away for when I need it. This feels a little F 451ish. I think I better go have morning coffee.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Done !

Hello,

I just fixed mine yesterday, so, here are some pictures of work in progress, to illustrate and complete, if ever needed, Ian's excellent repair method.

For the #2 stage, a little difference, on my ATL-1, the little cog axle is fastened to the cog without stainless steel screw, but with a slot in the axle itself (I don't know of to describe it better in English) :

Stage #4, here is the view of partially removed center, lifted enough to remove and replace broken latch.

In my case, as I haven't any spare parts, I just replaced the broken latch with other from the second upper hose, (for the 3600 expert drum), as I don't use them for the moment. The plastic of mine is obviously begining to show its age, because I broke another latch trying to refasten the whole thing

Another advice, because I made the mistake : when reassembling, beware to check if the selector arm fork for hoses is well engaged in the the transversal axle.

BTW, anybody know where to get spare latches ?

Thanks again, Ian, for your useful recipe and infos

Regards,

Raphael

Shooter
    Large Format
    Parts for the Jobo processors are available in the US from:

OmegaSatter
    1041 S. Carroll Street
    Hampstead, Maryland 21074

Telephone: (410) 374-3250
    Fax: (410) 374-3184
    Email: customerservice@omegasatter.com

The original white drum retainers are Jobo part # JP07083.

The newer black retainers are Jobo part # JP92157.

The white # JP07083 retainers are priced at $4.24 each. I donít know the price of the black ones.

Omega-Satter has a minimum shipping charge of $15. With that in mind it may be better to lobby a dealer like B&H to acquire a stock of these from Omega-Satter that can be sold and shipped more reasonably in small quantities to individual Jobo owners.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    But when you live in europe you go to: http://www.fotolaborservice.de
    I ordered parts and they were delivered within one week.
    From Germany to the netherlands.
    Good service and a lot of knowledge.
    --Mike

Shooter
    8x10 Format

JOBO thermistor Replacment for CPE2

Hi,
    I have found that my CPE2 thermistor is broken and that i need a new one. Can anyone suggest a cheap alternative to purchase as a replacement?
    I have been quoted £90 by a UK supplier (the other two suppliers do not stock JOBO parts anymore), and that was assuming they could get it and the price was about 2 years old!!
    Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by mhulsman View Post
    But when you live in europe you go to: http://www.fotolaborservice.de
    I ordered parts and they were delivered within one week.
    From Germany to the netherlands.
    Good service and a lot of knowledge.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian C View Post

The original white drum retainers are Jobo part # JP07083.

The newer black retainers are Jobo part # JP92157.

The white # JP07083 retainers are priced at $4.24 each. I donít know the price of the black ones.
    Thanks Ian, for that.
    BTW, do you know the difference between the white and black retainers ? Are the newest more strong ?

Thanks Mike for the information. I remember too a Jobo part dealer in Luxembourg, but I can't find the link anymore.

Regards,

Raphael

Shooter
    Large Format
    According to the representative at Omega-Satter the newer black retainers ďscrew in and have wire retainers.Ē In that case the two different retainer types cannot be interchanged because each version of the lift unit is compatible only with the retainer specifically designed for it.

I expect that the newer version of retainer is likely more durable, but I havenít examined one and so I donít know for certain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin