Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,761   Online: 978

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Jobo Lift repair

One of the hooks holding the drums in place on my Jobo CPE2+ lift is broken and my attempt to swap it with one of the others failed. I removed the 4 screws holding the plate but it still sit tight as glued in place. Am I missing something here.
    Best regards
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Soeren,

Go to the Large Format Forum and search or post this question. I believe the question has been answered before, but I am not sure where exactly. Post this question or ask Greg Blank by PM. He does the Jobo repair work for the US distributor and service center. I remember he has talked about this problem. He has been very generous with information in the past. He may be able to give you Jobo part numbers which you can purchase cheaper in the EU.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks John Ill try that
    best regards

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If this is one of the two clips that holds the tank in place, the same thing happened to me. I puzzled over it for a while and depend on the remaining hook to hold it by itself. Hasn't failed me yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    problem is it causes leaking
    Best regards

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    problem is it causes leaking
    Best regards
    Is it leaking when you lift the drum or leaking when the drum is spinning horizontally?

I ask because several people here simply don’t use the lift by choice or because it is broken. They turn off the rotation, disconnect the drum and dump the contents into the sink. I run my CPP-2 in an eight foot stainless sink with a drain into the house plumbing. I used to think this would wear out the switch, by that I mean 17 switchings on/off for each film development. Then my lift stopped working and it was the only alternative to an expensive lift repair. There have been no problems in the six months I have been doing it that way.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have not had a problem with leaking, either in Lift position or horizontal position.

Just a side thought; I don't mean to re-direct this thread but a tank should not leak in the horizontal position. Perhaps you are using too much solution for the tank size and it runs out the fill/drain hole when the tank is level. This would also introduce excessive weight to the lift.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Osgood View Post
    Just a side thought; I don't mean to re-direct this thread but a tank should not leak in the horizontal position. .
    I was thinking the same thing. That is why I asked and suggested a work around if the leak was when lifting the tank.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Im not sure. Bruce is right it shouldn't leak in horizontal position but fact is the waterbath startet smelling from chemistry that somehow leaked out. hmm thinking about it the drum is spinning when I fill the chems in so it could be then some of it leaks out. The drum makes a bending motion when changing direction so that may be the ansver. Ian C explained to me on a PM how to do the repair. Thank you Ian.
    Best regards

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Ian C explained to me on a PM how to do the repair. Thank you Ian.
    Best regards
    I think it might be helpful for all of us to know how to do the repair if you or Ian don't mind telling us. One of us who was trying to help you may be the person in need tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin