Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,079   Online: 1156

Shooter
    35mm

Buying a whole darkroom - $400!

Just got the email I was so hoping for! An older gentleman that called to offer me a Zone VI tripod the other night ended up telling me he had a whole darkroom setup included a Beseler 45 MXT and archival print washer. He just emailed me and offered it all to me plus the tripod for $400! I know the enlarger alone is worth way more than that. He is also giving me a Schenider Componon 150mm enlarging lens along with trays, safelight ect. Now I just have to figure out how all this stuff is going to work in my small downstairs bathroom! I may go ahead and build a small darkroom in my garage this summer since I already have water to one section it wouldn't be to hard to build.

One stoked guy over here!
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm sure he's happy to see it go to good use. Enjoy it. It's always great to get awesome darkroom gear at a great price. More money left in your pocket for consumables (which you'll go through quickly).
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations! I managed a similar deal a month ago. Now I'm waiting for the snow to melt so I can empty out the room chosen to be my new playpen.
    Have fun.

r

Mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Shooter
    4x5 Format

"You'll never have to buy another...."

If the MXT was sold by Zone VI it probably comes with Fred Picker's cold-light head in which case you must be very careful moving/shipping it as they can break quite easily. My cold-light head was broken in transit and Calumet took it in and repaired it perfectly for $130.00 (paid for by UPS). It's a great set-up. As for the tripod, You have what Fred would say is "the best damn tripod ever made"!
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got a whole darkroom for $200.

A Beseler 23C and an Omega. Three darkroom timers. (Gralab, Time-O-Lite and a Heathkit) All the lenses and film holders. All the trays and utensils, thermometers and measures, too. If I could get the sink strapped to the roof of my car, I could have taken that as well.

I am in the process of cleaning out the basement workshop right now. It's going to take a while to get the room clean. It's dirtier than I imagined it was.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin