Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,633   Online: 740

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Sandermarjin,

Yep, what AgX makes sense. It is an epidiascope. My Dad had one of these for a while. You can place a book or magazine under it, rather than a transparency. That is why there is no negative holder. The big disadvantage is that because it uses reflected light - it needs a LOT of light - and would run REALLY hot! I seem to recall the image quality was pretty poor, too - dim and low contrast. It might be useful for an artist to project an image onto his canvas to sketch the outline...that is what my Dad used it for.
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    You can place a book or magazine under it, rather than a transparency. That is why there is no negative holder.
    Ah, that's the part I still didn't get. Thanks Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Epidiscopes are, or were, more common than you can imagine. Leitz made a good line of them, sometimes coupled with a magic lantern projector in the same housing and I have a Bosch and Lombe version from around WW I. Thee lenses are interesting to play with, if nothing else. Norman Rockwell used one to work up his paintings, as did many other artists who are known for their drawing skills - a bit of a scandal to many, but hey...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin