Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,658   Online: 958

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Is this an enlarger?

Hi All,

I got an Opemus 5 from somebody whose late father also owned something of the Liesegang brand. I'm not so much interested in having this machine, just wondering what it is exactly.

It looks like an enlarger, but then quite different from the typical Durst that I'm familiar with. It also seems like some parts are missing (the son mentions a mirror).

Anybody know more about this type of thing? Thanks!

Sander.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails liesegang.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No idea what that is! It looks more like an overhead projector - but without anywhere to put the slide!

For that matter - if it were an enlarger, where would you put the negative?

I reckon the son is right, there should be a 45 degree mirror to project the image horizontally onto a screen... but not sure what it projects.
    Is there a slot or aperture in that base that we can't see in the image?
    Steve

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's from the Liesegang "Antiskop" (reflected-light projector) range. The object to be projected is placed beneath the large housing.

some photos of a seemingly similar projector are to be seen here:
    http://cgi.ebay.de/Liesegang-Antisko...item335bc55b73
    Last edited by AgX; 04-07-2010 at 04:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    It's from the Liesegang "Antiskop" range. The object to be projected is placed beneath the large housing.
    Thanks AgX. I checked ebay but obviously not well enough

It's a monstrous contraption! The seat-like thing is to attach the projector to a piece of rails connected to a wall, or at least that's what it looks like in another ebay auction. Now I don't know what you're supposed to project with an Antiskop; large format slides (if those exist), glass plates, maybe just anything transparent enough?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    Is there a slot or aperture in that base that we can't see in the image?
    I don't know Steve, the machine is not with me to check. But AgX's link to the ebay auction shows some slits and surfaces that may take something projectable.
    Last edited by sandermarijn; 04-07-2010 at 05:05 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: I misspelled Steve's name ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wiki epidascope for some possibe options. If there is a mirror missing off the top then I would lean to some sort of lecture hall projector.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sandermarijn View Post
    It's a monstrous contraption! The seat-like thing is to attach the projector to a piece of rails connected to a wall, or at least that's what it looks like in another ebay auction. Now I don't know what you're supposed to project with an Antiskop; large format slides (if those exist), glass plates, maybe just anything transparent enough?
    Sounds like what we called in high school ('70s) an "opaque projector." In that context, it projected printed text or pictures -- anything you didn't have a transparency of. The one I recall was also very hot to run, so you didn't leave things in long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Someone was looking for a projector here: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=57919

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That person can buy the Antiskop on German ebay right now. It's complete and 'only' 100 euros plus the amazingly little amount of 6.50 euros for the shipping of the monster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin