Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,901   Posts: 1,555,803   Online: 792

Shooter
    Medium Format

LPL 7451 negative carrier question

I am thinking about buying a used LPL 7451 4x5 enlarger. Currently I am using a Meopta Magnifax that allows to place the negatives in between a anti Newton glass and a glassless insert. I found that this is a good compromise between cleaning too many surfaces and a really flat negative.

Is this also possible with the LPL inserts / neagtive carrier?

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, that's possible but you need therefore two carriers (4*5") one with the glass and the other glassless.
    From the glass carrier I took the upper part (AN) en from the glassless I am using the lower part.
    Fixing these togehter and it works. Everything is screwed so no problem at all.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Harry, thanks for that info! That means I can combine the upper part of a 4x5 glass carrier (with the AN glass) and the lower part of any glassless carrier (e.g. 6x6 format)? That would be perfect.

Johannes

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, that won't work because the 6*6 carriers lower part has some ridges to center the negativ.
    They are fixed by punching and can only be removed by drilling!!?
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you get a double glass 4x5 carrier, replace the lower glass with metal masks for the film size you want. I modified a Durst 4x5 glassless 35mm carrier by milling out a recess in the top half to take a piece of AN glass from a 6x6 glass slide mount. Some of the Omega type glassless carriers have locating pins in the lower half to align the masks. Then you would have to drill holes in glass of the 4x5 upper piece.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin