Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,480   Online: 987

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

A Question for UK Based Owners of Saunders/LPL Enlargers

I have an LPL6700 which was given to my father by a Canadian who moved to the UK and brought it with him. I run it from a transformer as it is designed to run from 110-120 volts.

I believe it uses an 82 volt, 85 watt bulb and the power is derived via a diode in series with the supply (half wave rectified 115 volts being 81 volts RMS).

There is no factory supplied transformer with this enlarger. The mains lead goes straight to the head.

Does the UK version of this enlarger come with a transformer or is a different bulb used?

I am setting mine up in my new darkroom. If there is a different bulb which will run from 220 volts then I may get this and dispense with my step down transformer. If not, I will have to carry on using it as it is.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Steve, I use of these enlargers and mine has it's own, separate transformer/power supply. So did the 7700 that I used in one of the pro labs where I worked.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks. I have discovered that the 220-240 volt versions use a 12 volt 100 watt bulb with a transformer. I think both bulbs use the same connector base though so I can convert mine to 12 volt and use a transformer for 12 volt domestic halogen lighting.

Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin