Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,053   Posts: 1,561,246   Online: 1068

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I occasionally have Photographer's Formulary ship stuff to my brother-in-law's parents who live in Oregon (they drive up here twice a year). The last time I got stuff shipped to them, the Canadian Customs people wanted to look at the package very carefully and inspected every single item in the box, but were very friendly and chatty while doing it, presumably since the story they were told made sense. Keep stuff in original packaging so that any Customs people who have issues with the chemicals can have a clearer idea of what you are bringing. The packaging will tell them what the chemicals are for.

The only possible problem you might have is that Canada Customs and Revenue Agency might charge you taxes on the product, if they believe that you will be leaving it in Canada (gifts up to $50 are allowed but above that, you have to pay taxes as Canadians would). However, you're allowed to bring in any reasonable amount of personal effects (there are limits on alcohol and tobacco, and we have more stringent firearms laws than the US does, but for normal things, you're pretty unrestricted).

I wouldn't worry about it too much really. You have a legitimate reason for bringing it. The only reason that can cause you grief with border crossings is employment.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for in the info everyone. I feel a lot more confident taking them now.
    - - - -------------------------------------- - - -
    mattbellphoto:
    @ Blogspot
    @ Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What if you cut a label off the original package and stuck it to the bottles?

Just in case you need to read the instructions... ifyouknowwhatimean...
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Ullsmith View Post
    Going north, I would not think twice. Coming south, I would ship.

I have a colleague who is on the "watch list" for air travel because she told US border dudes she had no food in the car, but they found a kiwi that rolled out of her lunch sack a few days earlier. Coming south, I would ship.
    To me a kiwi is a flightless bird native to New Zealand, and the term is also used to describe a person from NZ. Which of those two rolled out of the lunch sack?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wotalegend View Post
    To me a kiwi is a flightless bird native to New Zealand, and the term is also used to describe a person from NZ. Which of those two rolled out of the lunch sack?
    Errr, maybe the fruit? Or don't they have them in your part of Melbourne?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Errr, maybe the fruit? Or don't they have them in your part of Melbourne?
    Doh! Must have been having a seniors moment.
    Last edited by wotalegend; 04-10-2010 at 03:43 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: further thought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wotalegend View Post
    Doh! Must have been having a seniors moment.
    It's okay, they are usually called a "kiwi fruit".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In a moment of weakness I began to think of the kiwi(fruit) beneath the seat. This grew into the kiwi(bird) beneath the seat & went on to the kiwi(person) beneath the seat. At that point I became concerned that the kiwi(person) would have a hard time getting out from beneath the seat and why was your friend smuggling him into Canada?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin