Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,260   Online: 1138

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Beseler 45MX filter tray?

I have (I think) a Beseler 45MX, the blue one, and the filter tray that goes above the negative is included. However, it's not obvious how a 6x6 filter sits in it. It's just a thin metal frame that slips into the drawer and is shaped like a half-circle on the back end. Am I missing a piece? I've tried to look for a photo of it all over the place so I can compare, but no luck!

Thanks for your help!
    Chris
    "Technology is a big destroyer of emotion and truth. Opportunity doesn't do anything for creativity. Yeah, it makes it easier and you can get home sooner, but it doesn't make you a more creative person. That's the disease you have to fight in any creative field.. ease of use." - Jack White

Shooter
    Large Format
    There should be a sheet of heat absorbing glass in the metal frame. I then cut out my filters to fit this and place them on top of the glass.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I've seen it with a thin sheet of clear plastic in the frame to support the filters.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I trim the filter to fit the opening, it won't cover the whole open space in the frame. See my crude 25 second drawing attached :-) Should the open space be masked with black mat or something?
    "Technology is a big destroyer of emotion and truth. Opportunity doesn't do anything for creativity. Yeah, it makes it easier and you can get home sooner, but it doesn't make you a more creative person. That's the disease you have to fight in any creative field.. ease of use." - Jack White

Images
    Good Evening, Chris,

You'll need 6-inch filters; just trim two corners to fit the curved holder and you're in business.

Konical

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin