Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,710   Posts: 1,548,634   Online: 1123

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Omega B22 Diffuser Material for Filter Holder

Wondering what material might be good for the filter tray in my B22 for a diffuser stage. I'm doing this mostly to lengthen my exposure times as I'm finding them too short when doing 35mm with my 50mm lens. I do realize I can just remove the 35mm condensor and print with an 80mm, which lengthens time but also means an increase in column height .....

Anyhow I have a great local glass shop which could cut me a piece, but I'm not sure how thick it should be? Or are there some "around the house" materials that might work? Obviously I don't want anything to melt/burn so my first thougth was glass.

I use under-lens MC filters for contrast, thus the filter tray is just sitting empty and seems like a perfect candidate for a diffuser.

This is kind of a stop-gap until I find a cold light and/or Chromega B head

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just use the 80mm condenser with the 50mm lens, no column height adjustment required, or you could always buy a lower wattage bulb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Neutral density filter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    Just use the 80mm condenser with the 50mm lens, no column height adjustment required, or you could always buy a lower wattage bulb.
    This will lengthen exposure times? I thought this would shorten the times even more, if I removed the extra condensor for 35mm ..... Guess I'm thinking backwards Been awhile since I've used a straight up condensor enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Neutral density filter.
    To do what it seems you want (lengthen exposure times), I did what ic-racer has suggested. I ordered a gel sheet of ND2 from my local photo store, and then cut squares to fit the upper filter tray of my B-22 XL, either singly, or stacked to cut 1, 2, or 3 stops of light. It seems to work well for me, there doesn’t appear to be any heat effects from the lamp, and the below-the-lens tray is free for my VC filters.

Might work for you also.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Re: Omega B22 Diffuser Material for Filter Holder

Thanks sounds easy and logical!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...2_Neutral.html

Just picked one out of the blue, there are several others.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin