Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,266   Online: 880

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this?!?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

What is this?!?

So, I finally found a cheap used enlarger that I could afford...

I bought a very basic Durst C35 from a seller in the UK and it arrived yesterday.

So I'm finishing unpacking and see that he threw in some freebies, like some paper and extra bulbs. But inside one of the paper sleeves were 3 cyan filters *and* 4 little plastic thingies that look like corners (see pictures).

I have tried fitting them in the negative carrier and filter drawer without any success. I can't figure out what the hell that is... if it even is anything...

Does anyone have a clue?

Sorry if this is a dumb question...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plastic thingie.jpg   thingie closeup.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    High Silence !!

I’m not absolutely sure about, but as far I remember the Durst C35 does have only two filters (Yellow and magenta).
    So the intention of this additional cyan filter may be to allow different /strange filter combinations (reversal print on R3 / Ilfochrome paper).
    I do have no clue where this little plastic frame has to be mounted, would suggest somewhere between light source and filter, or (isn’t there a small drawer between filters and mixing box?) in that drawer just behind the filter to mount the additional cyan filter…

Regards,
    Stefan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The plastic thingy's look like corners for aligning paper under the enlarger and holding it flat on a metal sheet. I suspect they are magnetic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations on finding an enlarger!

r

Mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Shooter
    35mm RF
    beats me, but hey, you got an enlarger. woohoo
    regards
    CW

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, I tried the the plastic thingies in all possible ways, everywhere, and came to no conclusion. So I decided to e-mail the seller and his answer was "I am sorry but I dont know... maybe they were off something else, I have a lot of darkroom equipment, they may have ended up in the wrong box".

Lol! So I guess I'll never know...

Mats and CW: Yay, enlarger! I still lack a bunch of stuff before I can start printing, but it's getting there...

Shooter
    35mm
    High Silence !!

I’ve found a manual for your enlarger. If you speak French follow this link…

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgur...26tbs%3Disch:1

The cyan filter and it' use is mentioned somewhere in the middle, the plastic mounting frames are still mysterious, maybe for enlarging mounted slides with that mesixneg 50 negative carrier…

Regards,
    Stefan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Stefan, the enlarger came with the manual, but thank you anyway

I knew what the cyan filters were for, it was the plastic thingies that were eating me up...

They were probably from something else and the seller put them together with the filters and forgot all about it...

Oh well... nevermind...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm absolutely certain the plastic thingy's are for aligning paper under the enlarger and holding it flat in the absence of an easel. They were sold in the UK by Paterson.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Dave, I tested them and they are not magnetic... They have little pins that suggest that indeed they were supposed to be stuck to something, I just don't know what. The baseboard doesn't have any holes where I can fit them...

They may have that function you are talking about, so I'm probably just missing some other piece.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin