Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,668   Online: 1177

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Saunders LPL 4550xlg question

Does anyone know what size bolts are used to fasten the the Saunders LPL4550xlg enlarger column to the baseboard ?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Since I have one I thought it would be easy to look up in the owner's manual, but it only describes them as "fixing bolts" without giving the size of the bolts. Their long with an allen wrench head, without dismantling mine, I want to say maybe 1/4 inch thread and they require a washer too. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I would just try a few sizes and see.

Here's a page from the manual.

Chuck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 44550xlg.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posted wirelessly..

I've got the bolts out on mine (not an xl, but should be the same). I'll send you the measurements when I get home if you don't have an answer already.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I think it's metric, made in Japan...EC

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Probably 6mm X 1.0.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok. Now I'm not an expert on this stuff, so take this with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure that it's a 55mm long hex head cap screw (Class 8.8 DIN933) with an M8 body diameter (8mm measured outside thread diameter) and a thread pitch of 0.8 threads per mm. Hope this is right and helps.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks guys you've been very helpful.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spb3321 View Post
    Thanks guys you've been very helpful.
    I emailed KHB Photographix and made an inquiry about those bolts and they sent this back to me----could of posted this a few days ago but kinda forgot.

CP

"Thank you for your inquiry. The baseboard bolts are part #OS32084516, and we have them in stock at $1.50CDN each. Shipping for small parts and accessories is a flat rate $12.00 within Canada or $16.00 to the USA. You might want to consider if there is anything else you might need to purchase that could ship with the bolts for the same flat-rate shipping fee.If you would like to place an order with VISA or MasterCard, you can use our secure on-line order page athttps://secure9.securewebexchange.co....com/order.htm

Please contact us at your convenience if we can be of further assistance.Kindest regards,Dave Etherington

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    KHB & Dave are the best.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spb3321 View Post
    Does anyone know what size bolts are used to fasten the the Saunders LPL4550xlg enlarger column to the baseboard ?
    If you have any of the bolts then take one to the hardware and have it matched. If you dont have any bolts, take the baseboard to the hardware and find ones that fit. Make sure they are not so long as to protrude through the bottom and hit the counter top.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin