Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,222   Online: 966

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Pics of a wall mounted enlarger needed!

I've never seen a wall mounted enlarger, and I assume some members here got one and can show it to me.

I'm looking for a 4x5" enlarger, and found ads for Durst L1000 and L1200 and some of them are for mounting on the wall. I thought that I maybe could mount one on a wooden beam and a home made baseplate.
    J. Patric DahlÚn

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JPD View Post
    I've never seen a wall mounted enlarger, and I assume some members here got one and can show it to me.

I'm looking for a 4x5" enlarger, and found ads for Durst L1000 and L1200 and some of them are for mounting on the wall. I thought that I maybe could mount one on a wooden beam and a home made baseplate.
    You came to the right place:

Sorry, not much to see in the overview picture, but that's the enlarger shown in the close-up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BasementDarkroom.jpg   BaseMount.jpg  
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here are some snaps of my D-5.
    Note, the wall brace is absolutely critical!!
    I didn't have the mounting flange so I improvised using beam clamps and 3/8" all-thread fed through the collar, shelf, and a 2x4 for added strength.

Good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wall Mount 1.jpg   Wall Mount 2.jpg   Wall mount 3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The mounting bracket for Omega 4x5's is a fairly massive casting, it has to be to carry the weight and be stabile. If you were to bolt a 2x8 plate across three or four studs then mount the bracket to that, might do a dandy fine job of holding steady. That would isolate the enlarger from the work surface and make positioning an easel easier. It would afford you an adjustable height work top for making extra large prints.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow, thanks!

Now you gave me many things to think about. Hm... Glulam beam and base plate... Bolts... Hm.... It could work...

You see, the walls in my current darkroom at my parents are made of particle board. It would work, but In a few years I will have to move the darkroom to one of my bedrooms, and here I have drywalls of gypsum. An enlarger on a stand and baseplate would be best, but maybe one for wall mounting would be easier to ship. I live in northern Sweden and I can't just take the car to the south, where most of the sellers are, to pick up an enlarger. So they must be shipped by bus or train.
    J. Patric DahlÚn

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    LPL sells a pretty simple kit that works for mounting their LPL 4550 enlargers. I don't have a picture but here is the link to the kit. Good enlarger and fairly light compared to an Omega D5.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    You can see my Zone VI enlarger wall mounted here:
    http://pagesperso-orange.fr/payral/l...boratoire.html

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Slumry, yes the LPL enlargers seem nice. The company here in Sweden, from where I use to buy most of my films and papers, sells the LPL PRO 7452. It was a while since I saw one on the used market though.

Thanks payral for the link and pictures.
    J. Patric DahlÚn

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I did not notice where you were posting from. LPL's seem to mostly North American. If the Krona:Loonie rate is good you might want to look at KHB, find them in Ebay. LPLs are one of the few enlargers that are still actively supported and KHB has all the parts at a good price. You will not find them used, but perhaps refurbushed. When is crayfish season? I have some good memories of being in Sweden and eating a lot of crayfis...yum!

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Slumry, the shipping would be to expensive, and we use 230V here. But I will keep my eyes open.

The crayfish season is in August. But I live above the Arctic Circle so we don't have them here (but they can be bought in stores of course). We eat surstr÷mming instead. Fermented and smelly herring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming

An opened can should never be placed near unexposed film or paper, since it gives off hydrogen sulphide gas.
    J. Patric DahlÚn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin