Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,127   Online: 973

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Building Darkroom

Hello,
    I'm want to back to darkroom and have some questions.
    My Darkroom will be in 4x5 meters room.
    First:
    Today ( 24-04-2010) I bought enlarger lens:
    Schneider Kreuznach COMPONON-S 2,8/50 in very good state.
    This lens is good, and can I make with this a good 30x40cm - 50x60cm prints?
    Second:
    What enlarger ( M39 ) will be good for 35mm negatives (only that enlargers how I can buy in European Union)
    Third:
    I think about buy a Analyzer Pro or Zonemaster II + StopClock Pro, what will be better?
    Four:
    Can you give me some ideas obout equipment can I do it myself?
    Like drying cabinet for negatives etc ??

Ps: Now I finished school in 09-2010 I'm going to Phototechnics (or PhotoEnginering) School (2 year)
    Pozdrawiam,
    Konrad Sadowski
    Last edited by SadowskiPL; 04-24-2010 at 05:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have used schneider for years. For 35 mm I only use the 50mm componon s. In regard to an enlarger. Have a look at the LPL/jobo. 7700. it will do up to 6 x 7 and you can get a color head.
    Have fun
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks

I buy this Schneider Kreuznach COMPONON-S 2,8/50 for 112,5PLN that's be about 38$
    I thinking about some Durst M605. (900PLN)
    The wet table ( ? ) etc I will do with my Father.
    The MG filters in Poland are expensive, and chance to buy Agfa or Kodak filters is low. Only way to buy Ilford filters... ( i don't have much money for ALL )
    Last edited by SadowskiPL; 04-24-2010 at 08:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blue and green light sources would take away the need for MG filters. I don't know if that would be something you could build for yourself. Or, blue and green filters under the lens. Blue light exposes the high contrast emulsion layer. Green light exposes the low contrast layer.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi,
    If you can a durst M301 / F 30 enlarger. I have a set of filters for it you can have. Just pay post. Should not be to expensive.
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Can you say me a some about using StopClock Pro + Zonemaster II ?
    And do you can psot links for DIY darkroom equipment ?
    Last edited by SadowskiPL; 04-27-2010 at 12:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check out the Darkroom Portraits thread here too - lots of good ideas on it.
    Tim Flynn

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I used several very good books when building my darkroom. I'm at work now and don't have the sources handy. Regarding the enlarging timer/meter, I use the Analyzer pro and love it. The stopclock has some advantages, but nothing that I miss. If my memory serves, the analyzer pro is also quite a bit less expensive than the stopclock + zonemaster combination. I would certainly recommend you try an enlarger that does medium format. They are generally more sturdy than smaller 35mm enlargers and you'll probably want the larger format when you see the difference it makes in the print As Tim suggested, the Darkroom Portraits thread is a good place to get ideas. If you PM me, I'll send the citations for the books on DIY darkroom stuff. If you can't find them, I don't mind loaning them to you. I can also send some pictures of my darkroom if you would like. Good luck, building a darkroom is a wonderful project.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hey,
    Today, enlarger lens Schneider-Kreuznach COMPONON-S 2,8/50 has been send to me, and propably will be in my hands tomorrow
    Now I check price of SCpro+ZM2 and the price of Analyzer Pro.
    Choice is the Analyzer Pro
    The enlarger what I thinking about is Durst M605.
    Propably I buy MG filters produced by Ilford or Peterson, only this filter I can buy new in Poland (Foma not in option)...

hmm, small darkroom items to collect:
    - Durst M605 ( 900PLN = ~309$ US) - to buy
    - Schneider Kreuznach COMPONON-S 2,8/50 (112,5PLN = ~38,6$ US) - OK
    - Peterson or Ilfrod MG Filters ( 110-150PLN = ~ 37,8-51,5$ US) - to buy
    - Analyzer Pro ( 1176PLN = 262,5 GBP) - to buy ( fiu... I'm glad to this is in the United Europe, [Taxes] etc...)
    - Jobo 1520 ( 150PLN = ~ 51,5$ US) - to buy
    - Whole Darkroom materials: wood, pipes, cables etc.. - max 1500-2000PLN - TO BUILD!

Ps: I'm going to Photography school in direction Phototechnica (like Photo Enginering ?) (Fototechnik in Polish)
    Last edited by SadowskiPL; 04-27-2010 at 03:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    WIII
    Enlarge lens now arrived
    Can you describe me a componon-s in very good state?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin