Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,483   Posts: 1,571,219   Online: 1121

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    I have the 1st and 3rd edition of this book and can't find anything about it. The 1st edition talks about fixing and the 3rd about pyro on their page 62. Maybe it's in the 2nd edition or my eyes are worse than I thought.
    It's indeed the 2nd that pops up in Google books. Page 62 is in chapter 6, Monobath Film Developing.

Google books doesn't show that particular page, but when i search for cassette (as i did), it shows a fragment saying: "Processing 35mm film inside the metal cassette it comes in is an interesting way to develop film. The technique is simple and was..."
    No more, alas.

But that chapter should be in the 1st and 3rd edition too, so perhaps on a different page?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wartree View Post
    So you are adivsing just drop the roll inside the plastic cage into a solution of developer and stir and stir, and then just do the same for the other steps ?
    That's the idea, yes.

I believe agitation is performed by rotating the spool inside the cassette back and forth.

But i'm not advising anything. I just remembered seeing it done once (and i'm pretty sure it was in an U.K. Open University t.v. program many years ago).

I wouldn't have imagined it would work before i saw it. Nor do i after i have seen it done.
    But that's just ill-informed me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesper View Post
    Where in Europe are you?
    There might be an apuger with a spare reel nearby.
    I am in Portugal.

Thanks ,nonetheless.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    That's the idea, yes.

I believe agitation is performed by rotating the spool inside the cassette back and forth.

But i'm not advising anything. I just remembered seeing it done once (and i'm pretty sure it was in an U.K. Open University t.v. program many years ago).

I wouldn't have imagined it would work before i saw it. Nor do i after i have seen it done.
    But that's just ill-informed me.
    This works at light , right ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    It's indeed the 2nd that pops up in Google books. Page 62 is in chapter 6, Monobath Film Developing...
    Found it on page 55 in the 3rd edition.

In-Cassette Processing
    Apparently first described by Kodak and recommended for 24-exposure rolls or smaller. It's a 2-page section in the book, very detailed from developing to washing. Interesting!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now I wonder, is this a reason for the author to ask Google to do this or not to do it?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This works at light , right ?
    Right.
    Perhaps Ralph, or anyone else having the Coockbook, can give an synopsis of the two page section in the book?

(P.S.
    Now i feel obliged to get a copy of it myself.
    How does it and the Film Developing Cookbook (which i also don't have but are considering) compare?)

Shooter
    35mm
    i found the two pages, they are in the link above

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Now I wonder, is this a reason for the author to ask Google to do this or not to do it?
    I don't think authors, nor publishers, like that Google copy their books and put them on the internet, even though Google only gives access to bits of the books at a time.
    Little programs already exist that use a world wide bot network (if that is what it is called) to gather the different parts from Google Books through different connections and compile them into the complete work Google refuses to show any single viewer.

I think every author and publisher should ask Google to stop what they are doing, and respect copyright legislation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin