Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,425   Online: 1046

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nikor 4x5 Stainless Dev Tanks any good?

Hi - there are a couple of small 4x5 Nikor film developing tanks for sale on Ebay at the the moment http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...823081607&rd=1

Anyone used these before? I was wondering about scratches ..... thanks in anticipation, for any feedback. John.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one, works great when adjusted properly. It pours slow so I fill the tank first and dunk the film in, I have a few 220 tanks the same diameter I can stash the reel in while the lights on.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does it give even development Gary? no scratches?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't seen signs of uneven development, nor have I seen any scratches from the tank. That don't mean it can't happen. The developer in question may have something to do with how even the development is.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks lots Gary. Think I'll have a go - bound to use less in chemicals than small tank or tray development.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    mine in the beginning left a few lisght spots of the antihalation backing on the film. I just took those and dumped them back in the fix until the backing disappeared. The spots were where it rested on the bar along its back. I did a few minor adjustments with some of my jeweler's tools and its fine now. I really like it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Aggie.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    John-

I have one that has the metal band and all, I don't use it anymore, I switched to trays.
    I could loan it to you if you'd like.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's very kind Matt. may take you up on that. Out of interest why did you change to trays? (I'm trying to change away from them due to the inconvenience and problems with scratches I've had).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well, for a couple reasons, control for expansion/contraction (this is when I actually get a chance to meter properly- see my "tri-x expansion" thread), and the "hands-on" feel. I have been careful and done up to 12 sheets with no major sctatch issues. Also control of agitation, stand, semi-stand etc.

I also just got sick of all the tank/Jobo debates and wanted to stick with something I could use as I move up in formats (I keep dreaming of larger negs!) and concentrate on my work.

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin