Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,104   Online: 1099

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried two tanks at a time and it was too rushed for me, so I got bigger tanks and now just do one 8 reel tank at a time. Now I just need a tank that can handle 3 or 4 120 reels.
    Last edited by mekia02; 04-27-2010 at 04:49 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: what about medium format?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    How do you guys get over the film drying issue when you have lots of rolls to process?
    I hang all eight strips up in the kitchen and let them air-dry.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I do two tanks regularly, using two timers. I tried three tanks once (six rolls of 220) and it was so stressful that I swore never to do it again.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Guys, Very interesting Topic!
    Frequently I'm doing 2 paterson tanks with 8 and 5 rolls of 35mm, two timers, all developer prepared before start, one bottle of fix and 5 min difference in starting time on total of 13 min developing time. No problem at all!
    A few days ago i finally got my second 8 rolls tank and I already can see some challenges coming.
    Processing 3 tanks or more in the same time (all in developer phase) is just to dangerous for me.
    Goran

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I often use 2 but I only start the developing the second tank once I've started fixing the first tank. A third tank would follow likewise and so on. Using a couple of timers, one for dev and one for fix works well.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolleiflexible View Post
    I hang all eight strips up in the kitchen and let them air-dry.
    Wow - I'm impressed you can still get reasonably clean Negs

When I tried to dry film out in the open I got nailed for dust and cat hair (we have 4 cats)

Bought a Durst UT100 film drying tent which successfully overcame the dust and cat hair issues but it is now my process choke point

Martin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've done 3 with 3 different pushes for b+w, though only 1 for color.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Wow - I'm impressed you can still get reasonably clean Negs

When I tried to dry film out in the open I got nailed for dust and cat hair (we have 4 cats)
    Well, we have three cats and a baby boy, all in
    a hopelessly overstuffed Manhattan apartment.
    In a decade of shooting and processing film in
    this space, dust has never been a problem for
    the negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried doing three once. It worked, but NEVER AGAIN! Too much stress and hassle. I can do two OK, as long as I stagger the times. I stagger one tank to be five minutes behind the other, and let one batch of film sit in water after the stop bath. Once the second tank catches up, I do the fixing step for both tanks with the same clock. During development, I usually miss one agitation cycle this way, but I make up for it by adding an extra one later.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only way I would do more than one tank at a time is if I am stand developing. I still like using Rodenal for that, and the pace is relaxed.
    Tim Flynn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin