Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 651

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    thomas

does your negative view holder take 5 across or 6 ?
    just trim the bottom ( or top ) 5 or 6 frames ( or 10 ... 12 frames ) off and hang them next to the roll.
    put the weighted holder or clothes pin on the sprocket holes to weigh it down
    so it doesn't curl.

the film can be trimmed on the reel ...
    no mess no problems.
    unless of course the cats are in the tank ...

Shooter
    35mm
    I've never developed film before, but what would be wrong with cutting a 36exp roll of film in between frames in like the middle? Or don't the frames show up until the film is dry?
    Last edited by Southern-Lights; 05-01-2010 at 11:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Until the film is completely dry, the emulsion is soft and fragile. You wouldn't want to risk damaging it by handling it.

Yes, the frames are visible after the fixing stage.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about constructing a gizmo with piece of plywood (small) and have paperclip hanger from 4 corners that will attach to the sporacket holes of film? After developing, guestimate half way point, hook two hangers, go to the other side and hook two more. The film will form an up-side-down U with gizmo at the top. That way, you won't be cutting the film, won't be handling it too much, and two side hanging from fold will be kept away from each other by the width of the plywood.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    That first suggestion could be messy, and the second suggestion not permanent. I'd just take it to the vet and have them deal with it in the usual way.
    I assume you mean shaving them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Perhaps you could see how well the cats take to swimming on a good muskie lake?
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just tell your GF, "It's the cats or me!". Then you'll have a place all by yourself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would use something like a wire clothes hanger, but at the bottom I would use a plastic pipe of about 10-15mm diameter.

I would then (carefully) load the film through the hoop with the emulsion facing outwards and just use two weighted film clips holding both ends and use a rubber band to hold them together.

Within reason, this is the method I've used in a dip and dunk machine, except we had weighted single film clips with a set of double teeth, absolute pain to use in complete darkness.

Mick.

Ps:- you will always find that the middle frame which was on the point of the curve, requires a glass holder in the enlarger.
    Last edited by Mick Fagan; 05-02-2010 at 04:07 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Addition

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I always had one cat at home, a small flat actually. I develop films in the bathroom (because I can close the door, make it absolutely dark and have running water there) and at the end after the last rinse I juse shower to spray hot water in the tub so the air in the place is more humid. Very humid air is the best way of eliminating the fur & dust problems at all, of course at the expense of 2-3x times slower drying. Another option is to shower myself before developing - and it's a lot more economical also
    Just hang the film above the tub, get out of bathroom and close the door.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lukas, do you use a wetting agent on yourself to save using a towel?

Mick.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin