Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,944   Posts: 1,557,724   Online: 1198

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Love your gallery posts, Thomas. I live in a small house with three cats and one wife, and process my film at home in changing bag/tank. Hanging the film on the shower curtain rod has worked just fine - the shower and attendant humidity knock most of the dust out of the air, and no cat hair has shown up. Of course, the cats are locked out of the bathroom while the film dries, because they find this dangling, shiny thing irresistible.

Shooter
    Large Format

Cats, Et. Al.

Thomas;

I have three cats...all of them with very long fur and a "playful" curiousity about anything that hangs, swings or has the potential to be a "cat toy". That being said, I've managed to hang films in the bathroom or in a separate closet (with a door) with some success over the past 21 years.

As always, my cats are in-charge (just after my wife, of course:rolleyes.

Later-Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Forming a U with the film is something I'm a little afraid of. Is there a device in existence that allows for the 'bottom' of the U to be on the top?

I thought perhaps I could make hooks and hang the film from them in the sprocket holes, and then let the two ends of the film hang down. Ya thing that would work?
    Yeah, a bent paper clip or other piece of thin stiff wire will do nicely. Works just dandy.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Two points:

1. Girl friends are line replaceable items. Get another girl friend, they are like buses, a new one comes by every 15 minutes or sooner.
    2. Do not use cats to dry the film by rubbing the film on the cats. Neither the cats or the film like it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format

Cats, Film, Hasselblads and more.....

folks;

It appears that we have struck some kind of weird theme.....Cats + Hasselblads + Film=??????

For instance, I have two Hasselblads, three cats, 300 sheets of 4 X 5 film (a mix of T-MAX and Delta Pro).....what does this all mean.....is there some cosmic truth that has yet to reveal itself.......can a 25 pound Main Coon Cat really "play nice" with an old Hasselblad 500C or is it just my imagination......I've had some rather odd looking negs lately and, it could be that my cat, Snuffy, has be bitten by the "bug" and started to take photos.....ah, I hear David Letterman calling...need to go!!!!

Any advice or other thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!!

Later--Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't think a cat would be very useful as a film drying device.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin