Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,606   Online: 1005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darkroom tents

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Darkroom tents

Been looking at these tripod tents and wondering if they are any better than some of the other offerings out there. Comments anyone ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I dont think I'd like to be constrained by the t-pod legs. Would you have to grovel aroung on the ground to use it, or have to pick up the entire unit to use off the ground? IMHO- a regular changing bag or small tent would be more convenient. I can't see myself laying down on the ground (on whatever surface in the field)to utilize this, indoors would still be a PITA . Thinking about t-pod legs, messing around under the legs would run the risk of knocking the set-up off-kilter. I give this product a thumbs down.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think it's shithouse quite frankly. Just buy a changing bag for a quarter of the price.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have a Harrison changing tent. It allows you to have a bit of space around you. I really does help keeps the dust off, I feel.
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    May be OK however, if using on a table the tripod legs enlarges the footprint area needed. Better to have a Harrison tent and be done with it.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Paul, I have a Harrison Tent (10x8 size) and would recommend one to anybody (http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/product...1897&PT_ID=454)

I find changing/re-loading Darkslides to be a challenging operation to do correctly without having to get down on my knees and bending over to do so (personally I'm not sure either my knees or back would appreciate the abuse)

Plus, not at all convinced I would want to be doing something at ground level which requires such high levels of cleanliness.

Of course you could put your tripod on a table and do it from the sitting position - but if you’re away from home I think the table owner might suffer a serious loss to their sense of humour if they caught you

There are alternative & cheaper changing tent options to the Harrison devices - https://www.badgergraphic.com/store/...t_detail&p=663

Just my $0.02

Martin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I am discouraged from bidding on any ebay item with such poor grammar in the description. They always remind me of those emails sent from Nigeria promising to pay me a large fee for helping someone claim a fortune.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was originally looking at this particular tent because it would pack down fairly small - An important consideration when backpacking with LF. Having looked at the weight of the Photoflex and compared it to the Camulet offering, I need to do some more homework.
    Next time I'm in London, I will visit Camulet and see how small their version packs down to. The Harrison tents, nice thought they appear to be, are just too expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Photoflex but find it a PITA to set up. Internal rods or hoops and the instructions are about useless. Maybe just me but one of these days I am going to sell it without ever using it. I have gone on the the Harrison and its easy as pie to set up.

In that regard, maybe the tripod one has merit if the Harrison is to expensive.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Take a look on Ebay for item number 300424060650 it's a Harrison Film Changing Tent.

Might be more in a price range you might be happier with.

David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin