Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,194   Online: 1010

Shooter
    Multi Format

I've got a JOBO ATL-2...now what?

In what seemed to be a gracious act on the part of a local ad-agency I was allowed to take off their hands a used ATL-2 processor with all the bells an whistles. Loads of drums, reels, portable film drier, processor, reclamation unit, extra chemistry containers, literature and basically everything they had used to process all of their in-house photographer's E-6 until they went digital. ..Well, all except the mixing valve, it was a little more effort than the guys at the agency bargained for when it came time to take it all apart, so it was easier for them to keep it mounted on the wall.

I suspect that problems will arise when I want to process something other than E-6 in the machine, or process anything at all since it has been years since anything has been run through it.

(1) Is there an effective, economical way of thoroughly cleaning the lines and mechanisms of the processor to eliminate the years of E-6 accumulation?

I assume that it would be a little more in depth than cleaning a coffee maker, which is the only thing I can come-up with that is analogous to the task.

(2) Is it even worth it? Since the machine hasnt been run in several years, even though it will turn on, beep at me and flash some lights, I still have serious doubts as to its effectiveness and reliability.

If the machine can get back to working condition, I plan on processing all my C41, with the slight possibility of running black and white. (Emphasis on the slight.)

Thanks

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Instruction books are easy found on flea bay. I believe it has a cleaning cycle. http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...log/index.html
    Have a look at this site. You can download a bunch of stuff. I do think that it will work for you.
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, the ratty instructions that I salvaged for the machine were hardly complete.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can run it with plain water, a few times. Fill the containers, and the unit, with water just below the C41 processing temperature. Set each step for 2-3 minutes, attach a drum, and run. Repeat until the discharged water is clear.
    You don't need to attach it to a water supply to do this. Just fill the unit, plug it in, and go. It will also let you know if it reaches/maintains the proper temperature.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Get some of Jobo's "Processor Clean". It makes quick work of all the various photo chemicals your machine may be covered with. You might ask the ad company if you could (at your expense) have a licensed plummer to remove the mixing valve. They are very expensive even used and it would only take a plumber a few minutes to remove.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks again for the replies- I do need to go ahead and yank that mixing valve so I dont spend my own $ getting one. Hopefuly I can get it up and running again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a package of processor clean for postage. PM me your address etc.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin