Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,967   Posts: 1,558,451   Online: 979

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bl1nd View Post
    This is just for future reference, but what about colour film? ( I'm wincing, I've heard some horror stories) I've heard some of the chemicals can be rather dangerous. Or should I just leave that to some professional developer?
    No, not terribly dangerous. Obviously, you don't want them anywhere near food and good hygienic practice is a good idea. C-41 for color negatives and E-6 for color transparencies are a bit more demanding of attention than B&W because time and temperature controls are more critical, but otherwise it's dead easy.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bl1nd View Post
    This is just for future reference, but what about colour film? ( I'm wincing, I've heard some horror stories) I've heard some of the chemicals can be rather dangerous. Or should I just leave that to some professional developer?
    FWIW, I have done E-4, E-6, and Anscochrome but have always left C41 to a pro lab for both developing and printing.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hmm. Wow, I got a lot more info than I expected! I live in Virginia, in the Fredericksburg area, if anyone knows any places that have the chemicals( I don't feel comfortable buying things online).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle is THE reputable online source for all photographic supplies. They have a very knowlegable staff, and the customer service department is the best anywhere. You can get whatever supplies needed and the help to get the right equiptment without sales hype.
    If you are trying to do DR work in a lighted room, you will need a changing bag or changing tent to load film into the daylight processing tank. After that everything can be done in open light(so long as the lids are on properly).
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin