Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,130   Online: 743

Images

New Darkroom officially approved!!

Hi All!
    My darkroom project is finally morphing from the construction project from the nether world to an almost functional darkroom. After nearly 2 years and the excavation about 10 cubic yards of Bay Area dirt, (read sandstone!), the building inspector gave me his official "thumbs-up" today!! He actually thought it was great that I was building a real darkroom!

Now the process gets serious! Even the wife is smiling! The smile has nothing to do with my pursuit of artistic expression, it's all about getting all of my "c#@p the h&((" out of our bathroom & bedroom!! Please understand, with a wife and 3 daughters there's not much "ours", for me, at all when speaking of bathrooms!

I have wall mounted the enlarger. Still need to put in functional shelving and move the rest of the equipment and other miasma producing paraphernalia.
    But I am almost there!!

Regards,
    Geary

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rock on, man. Another darkroom in the world is always a blessing for all us APUG'rs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats! I know the exhilarating feeling of that new darkroom! It's kind of like Superman's fortress of solitude!
    Jeanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    very cool.

It'd be great if you could take pictures during the entire process and keep a blog as well. I wish I would have kept a photo blog over the past couple of years. I've found software to put on our server, so some time when I get a round tuit, I'll be keeping a blog there.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great going Geary! Post us a scan when you have "first light" under the enlarger. KwM I think tuits can be gotten at Home Depot in various sizes and shapes, though the round ones usually sell out pretty fast. Last I saw they were near the light bulb department where they keep the Bright Ideas.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats! One more fortress of analog sanity.
    And I feel your pain... with a wife and two daughters (all three are packrats), my darkroom is a place of peaceful solitude.
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin