Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,565   Online: 1008

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two suggestions:

1) Will the thumb screws hold both the 421-109 and the intermediate spacer to the slide in lens mount (without using the black screws? or
    2) Can you use the black screws the other way - i.e. with the heads on the top, and the threads pointing up?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    1. Nope, the threaded holes don't line up. My first thought was to put the 109 right into the flat holder, but can't.
    2. Nope, the holes are recessed on one side for the screw heads, and the holder will only go in flat side up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Kind of off topic but not worthy of a new thread ... the newer Saunders and Omega neg carriers are interchangeable right? Since Omega owns saunders now .... on the 4x5 enlargers anyhow.

Shooter
    Large Format
    http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/LensMountD5.htm
    Chwck out this for detailed requirments for any particular lens
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Large Format
    And yes the 421-107 is supposed to have two spacers in it. No, it cannot funtion as is. Make a spacer out of matboard until you can find a proper one.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And if it will fit, I have a 404-867 turret, 421-109 mount and a 4 hole spacer. I took it off a D5XL that I scrapped. Send a PM if interested.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    And yes the 421-107 is supposed to have two spacers in it. No, it cannot funtion as is. Make a spacer out of matboard until you can find a proper one.
    Well ... it does. I simply got two extra screws and cut them down so they aren't too long any more Seemed like the simple solution to me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 5stringdeath View Post
    Well ... it does. I simply got two extra screws and cut them down so they aren't too long any more Seemed like the simple solution to me.
    Glad you found a simple solution. If you use other lenses on it make sure the rear element doesn't stick up higher then the lens board. Scraping the glass will be more painful then hiting the long screws was. I suspect this is the reason for the spacer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt View Post
    Glad you found a simple solution. If you use other lenses on it make sure the rear element doesn't stick up higher then the lens board. Scraping the glass will be more painful then hiting the long screws was. I suspect this is the reason for the spacer.
    Well, I don't slide it in with the lens attached ... that's what the mounts with the thumbscrews are for ... I just leave the flat mount in the enlarger then attach lenses as needed with the thumbscrews and appropriate plates, like on many other Omega enlargers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 5stringdeath View Post
    Well, I don't slide it in with the lens attached ... that's what the mounts with the thumbscrews are for ... I just leave the flat mount in the enlarger then attach lenses as needed with the thumbscrews and appropriate plates, like on many other Omega enlargers.
    I expect Omega expects you to slide the plate out for the purpose of changing lenses - thus the need to ensure that the back of the lens clears the enlarger's frame.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin